Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » A Trip Back In Time
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

A Trip Back In Time

A Trip Back In Time

It's almost like going back in time after you take your first steps off the ferry onto Mackinac Island, Michigan

. It is located at the eastern end of the Straits of Mackinac. The island is between the state's Upper and Lower Peninsula. Its name is not pronounced as spelled; instead it is pronounced Mak-in-aw, not Mak-in-ac.

Mackinac Island is a beautiful place, dating back to the late 1700's. I love the fact that there are no cars allowed on the island. The only mode of transportation is by walking, horse drawn carriages, biking, and horseback. The island is best known for the Grand Hotel and Fort Mackinac.

It is a charming and quaint place that takes you back to the Victorian era. The only way to get there is by ferry or plane. High speed catamarans are the most common method used to transport people to and from the island.

Upon arriving you are greeted by the fresh air and excitement of adventure of entering into a different time period. You will find many businesses catering to your preference. The only mode of transportation around the island is by way of walking, biking, horse drawn carriage, and horseback. Walking is fairly easy and you can get around most everywhere on the island via the trails, paths and roads if you like to hike. You can bring your own bike aboard the ferry or you can find many bike rentals available along with horse rentals, and horse drawn carriage tours. A Trip Back In Time

Speaking of tours, you can find many to suit your interests. I would advise you to look online before leaving home. I found some really great deals but you need to book them seven days in advance to take advantage of the deals.

I have never experienced a place quite like Mackinac Island. There are many shops to browse through and excellent places to eat. One of my favorite things to do on Mackinac Island is to rent a bike and ride around the island, often stopping to enjoy the different views of Lake Heron. I find myself forgetting that I was standing on a lake shore, as it appeared to be as vast as an ocean. It is such great fun!

Fort Mackinac is a wonderful place to explore. There is so much to see and experience, you could spend all day taking it all in. (Unless you're like my husband who could spend days reading every word regarding the history.) The view from the fort is spectacular! Kids of all ages will be impressed.

And you must check out the Grand Hotel. It is so majestic sitting high up on the island. It will be the most noticeable building as you approach the island on the ferry. It is the only five star hotel in Michigan. The grounds are lush and kept impeccable with colorful displays of flowers.

You might find it hard to leave the panoramic view of the Straits and the Mackinac Bridge. Once you've been there, you will want to come back. I think it is a place I could never grow tired of.

by: Donna Randol
Australian Tourism On The Steady Rise Why You Need The Rocket French New York Tourist Attractions The Best Weddings Gifts for Travelers - Ideas for Success Watercan, Providing Clean Water With African Wells Discount Holidays Package: Take Care Of Your Pocket With Discount Holidays Celebration Of Renaissance Festivals At Risk Without Travel Insurance A Few Preferred Beach Reads Bali As a Holiday Destination Speak Graceful French With Rocket French Growth- The Beginning And The Final Destination Speech Pathologist Travel Jobs In Usa
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.15.240.40) / Processed in 0.013641 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 2999, 954,
A Trip Back In Time