Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » 5 Tips To Being A Great Travel Shopper
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

5 Tips To Being A Great Travel Shopper

You know you've done it: picked up last minute presents (or even all your presents) on a trip at the airport

. You really wanted to get your friends and family at home something good, but nothing ever presented itself. Don't let that happen again! Here are easy ways to get great gifts while traveling.

Support the arts

In your own town, you pass by the artist selling his paintings on the street because he's there every weekend, and because you don't need another image of the town you're in every day. But, when you're in a new place, those painters on the street might have beautiful images of the land, the people, the food and things that to you are totally new. And probably cheap!

Follow the other shoppers

If you see somebody who's clearly just wrapped up a shopping trip, go ask them where they were shopping! Ask them what items are staples for them, particularly because of where they live. Maybe certain things they decorate their house with or use in their kitchen.

Shop the unexpected

Sometimes the coolest gift can just be found in a drug store or pharmacy. To people native to the region, these times are dull, but to you they are a gem! When I was in Peru, I stopped into a pharmacy and found a product meant to instantly kill a soar throat that I'd never seen in the states before. I instantly thought of my friend who is a voice coach, and gets soar throats often and has to sometimes cancel her singing lessons. She loved how thoughtful this gift was. Now, whenever she is teaching someone how to sing and she feels a soar throat coming on, she takes this product right away and she's all better!

Never go to a souvenir store

A friend can smell a souvenir store gift from a mile away. Try this: maybe visit a souvenir place to look at the destinations portrayed on the cards and lighters, and if one looks cool, visit that actual place and buy a gift there.

Print photos

This is one of the coolest gifts! Nothing is more heartfelt or authentic than a photograph snapped from your own experience. Not to mention, since no one really prints their pictures anymore, just that little effort to print them will make the gift feel extra special.

by: Vera Esther
5 Tips On How To Maintain Lightweight Luggage When Traveling 5 Tips On How To Maintain Lightweight Luggage When Traveling 5 Tips On Cheap Disabled Travel For Travellers With Disabilities 5 Tips For Selecting The Perfect Live Christmas Tree 5 Tips For An Ultimate Air Travel 5 Tip for Halloween 5 Things to consider in Purchasing Cross Country Running Shoes 5 Things to consider in Purchasing Cross Country Running Shoes 5 Things to Avoid When Booking Lanzarote Holidays 5 Things You Can Do at Walt Disney World Without Setting Foot in a Themepark by:Clare Swindlehurst 5 Things To Remember When Getting Your Pool Ready for Summer 5 Things To Remember When Getting Your Pool Ready For Summer 5 Things To Keep In Mind For Overseas Adventure Travel Vacations
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.178.240) / Processed in 0.011641 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 2329, 954,