Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » 4 Recognized Clutter Control Tips For Adults With Children
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

4 Recognized Clutter Control Tips For Adults With Children

I was the designated driver to teach all five of our daughters how to drive

. After the first experience with my first daughter I am surprised I ever drove with any of them again.

We were heading east through a very busy intersection near McDonald's and a car dealership. My daughter who was driving was turning left and I could see a white station wagon (Do they even sell those anymore?) with a mother at the wheel and the car full of children. It was headed west going straight through the light.

My daughter wasn't slowing down nor had she stopped turning so I said to her--stop. It didn't even faze her. She kept right on turning. I then said stop louder. She kept on turning. The next thing I knew I was yelling STOP. She did and we narrowly missed hitting the car broadside as we entered the intersection at the same time.

I was very shook up and my daughter was wondering what the big deal was. I had her pull over and I drove to the soccer game we were headed to. I was shaking, crying and scared. I vowed I would never ride with her again. Actually that was the last time I got in a car with her behind the wheel for a few years.

My girls all learned to drive in a car with a manual shift. This is the kind that has a stick shift that is moved to different gears with the stick at the same time the clutch on the floor is engaged. Until you get the hang of it, it is a challenge to do all those things at the same time.

An automatic that we all drive now is a piece of cake, put it in gear and that is all there is to remember. The girls complained and griped about the stick shift and wanted me to borrow a friend's car that had an automatic to learn on. I never gave in and now they thank me because they can drive any car. This has come in handy many times when someone has needed someone to drive a car with a stick shift. In fact now they think everyone should know how to drive a "stick".

In the beginning it wasn't easy to learn how to shift the gears and learn how to engage the clutch and shift at the same time and not roll backwards down a hill. But with practice they all became proficient.

Clutter control is a lot like driving a stick shift the first few times. It can be hard because it is something we have never done before. To help your children learn clutter control it is important to start when they are young to teach them. Teach them skills that are age appropriate such as:

*Putting their dirty clothes in their hamper when they are old enough to do this.

*It will become a habit and actually fun to do.

*bed, dusting the furniture or sorting and washing their own clothes.

*Clutter control can bring a sense of accomplishment and happiness for a job well done. Just like driving a stick shift was hard at first it gets easy with practice.

Learning clutter control in different ways is like driving a car with a manual transmission or an automatic transmission. They both have the same end result. In the car it means you can go where you want to go. Learning to put items away after using them and having homes for everything frees you up to do what you want to do, saves time, saves money and gives you and your children a sense of accomplishment.

by: Marilyn Bohn
Children Insurance - Insurances.net Visions Of The Children Of Fatima 5 Things to Remember About Life Insurance and Special Needs Children Suicide Epidemic Among Teens 7 Tips For You & Your Autistic Child 7 Creative Options For Every Kid On Your Gift List 6 Things You Need to Know About Safe Wireless Browsing for Your Kids 5 Tips To Help Parents Handle Aggression in Kids 7 Causes For Bad Breath In Children 6 Play Activities That Are Better for Your Children Mental Retardation Among Children 5 Ways To Dress Your Child Like A Rock Star 4 Questions For Parents of Anxious Children - Answer Them to Determine If Your Child Needs Help!
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.141.100.120) / Processed in 0.012990 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 26 , 3352, 956,