10 Things to Do In Wales on a Family Holiday by:Orson Johnson
Wales is a splendid scenic holiday location with mountains
, lakes and heritage castles. Here are some options to make the most of your Welsh vacation.
1. The Brecon Beacons National Park in South Wales is your best option for enjoying the beautiful Welsh scenery. The majestic mountains, waterfalls and rivers and the ancient churches and museums built on these slopes will keep you enthralled. Do make sure that you keep the camera handy.
2. The Glasfryn Park in North Wales is superlative for sports and game lovers. Here, you can take the bike safari, indulge in some bowling sessions or confront niche games like archery and fishing head on. The necessary equipment is available for hire at the site.
3. A must visit for the kids is the Welsh Mountain Zoo. Here you can view an assortment of animals from different continents. Some favourites are the rare Snow Leopard, the Sumatran Tiger and the amusing Penguin Parade. You can also book a theme based adventure trail if you wish.
4. If you fancy being in the midst of a sort of petting zoo cum farm with dolphins, ponies, guinea pigs, rabbits and other cute animals, visit the Cardigan Island Coastal Farm Park.
5. Take a train to the highest Mountain Peak in England and Wales at Snowdown Mountain Railway Station. In existence for over a hundred years, the ride from Snowdown Mountain Railway allows you to experience the scenic treasures of Welsh legacy from 3560 feet above sea level.
6. Touted to be the largest indoor water park in Europe, the Rhyl Sun Center is host to several theme pools, slides and water games designed to keep the entire family entertained. It is as famous for its indoor surfing pools, Lagoon Pool and Dragon Slide.
7. Nestled on a private peninsula, Portmeirion Village and Gardens is a picture perfect hamlet created by the Welsh architect Sir Clough Williams-Ellis. It houses shops, restaurants, parks, 70 acres of walking trails and beaches. Take your wallet along with you as you are sure to want to purchase their famed Portmeirion Pottery souvenirs.
8. For the history aficionados a visit to the Caerphilly Castle Town Center in South Wales is a good idea. With a fortress spread over 30 acres, this is the biggest castle in Wales and is circumscribed by lakes and artificial islands.
9. The Tweedsmill Factory Outlets is a shopper's delight. With 30,000 square feet of space, they house everything from apparel and footwear to accessories and gifts.
10. Pili Pilas Nature World is a magical destination replete with lush greenery and butterflies flying around and is a must visit. There is an indoor play area for kids along with a nature trail.
About the author
Orson Johnson writes for Holiday Velvet, a website providing Holidays in Wales & UK holiday apartments.
10 Things You Shouldn't Do In Las Vegas – Inspired By Paris Hilton 10 Things You Need To Sort For Your Next Holiday 10 Things You May Need If You Are Going Travelling 10 Things You May Need For Your Next Holiday 10 Things We Can't Travel Without? by:Michelle Blackmore 10 Things To Sort Ahead Of Your Holiday 10 Things To Sort Ahead Of Your Holiday 10 Things To Perform While In Ireland 10 Things To Know About Croatia Gulet Holidays 10 Things To Do While In Ireland 10 Things To Do When Business Slows Down Over The Holidays by:Karyn Greenstreet 10 Things To Do This Summer At Niginigitoo Boracay Beach Resort 10 Things To Do In Penang