10 Reasons to Holiday in Valencia by:Orson Johnson
Valencia is one of the most popular destinations in Spain. Valencia is a beautiful city with well maintained ancient architecture and fine examples of cathedrals and plazas. It is also a coastal city with many oceanic attractions like aquariums and resorts. Listed below are some of the best reasons for visiting Valencia.
1. Valencia is sometimes called the city of Arts and Sciences. It is home to the largest aquarium in the whole of Europe. It also has a planetarium and a number of science museums. There are also many music venues and performance halls scattered throughout the city.
2. Valencia is home to the Las Fallas festival. During the festival, the locals hold an incredible fireworks display that draws tourists from all over the world.
3. The city is home to many stunning monuments. Visitors can visit the El Miguelete or the Cetedral de San Pedro y Santa Maria.
4. Valencia boasts the best paella dish in the whole of Spain. This is because the locals have access to the freshest ingredients. The local cuisine comprises a range of well seasoned sea food dishes that are extremely popular with tourists.
5. Valencia is also home to many classic examples of old Spanish architecture. In fact, some of the most famous buildings in Spain are located in this city. Tourists can visit Visigoth crypts, old gothic buildings and elaborate baroque palaces.
6. Valencia also has a bustling nightlife. There are many upscale nightclubs dotting the area. Valencia is also host to several lounges, cocktail bars and busy concert halls.
7. The city is also a good destination for sports enthusiasts. Valencia has two football teams that play in La Liga. These are Valencia CF and Levante UD. Football is one of the favourite topics for discussion in Valencia pubs and bars.
8. Valencia can offer visitors a variety of accommodation options. There are many luxury hotels and resorts in the city, as well as affordable hotels and hostels for those travelling on a budget.
9. The city is also a good destination for those interested in golfing holidays. Valencia is home to a number of golf courses like the Club de Golf Escorpion and the El Saler Golf Course. These are large courses that are sure to delight golf enthusiasts.
10. Tourists will find it very easy to travel to and from Valencia. There are many transport options for visitors who want to travel to different destinations in the city.
About the author
Orson Johnson writes for Holiday Velvet, a website providing Valencia holiday apartments and Holiday rentals Spain.