10 Reasons to Holiday in Dubai by:Orson Johnson
Dubai has recently gained a lot of attention as a tourist hotspot. As one of the wealthiest Emirates in the United Arab Emirates, Dubai is a modern desert city that mixes the traditional with the contemporary. There are many reasons to visit Dubai such as those listed below.
1. Dubai is an excellent destination for shopping, especially since most items here are duty free. The shops, boutiques and malls located around the city offer visitors to the city a large variety of goods to choose from. They are also known for providing excellent bargains and regular sales.
2. Dubai is popular for its upscale hotels, modern infrastructure and high-end shopping districts. Dubai is also relatively close to continental Europe and a flight to the city would only take about 5 hours.
3. The climate in Dubai is ideal for tourists looking for a warm vacation. Many people go to Dubai to take a break from the cold weather in their home countries.
4. In recent years, Dubai has enjoyed a renaissance in architecture. The new buildings that have been erected in the city are masterpieces of modern construction and architecture. Dubai is home to some of the most beautiful modern buildings in the world including the Burj Dubai.
5. Dubai is a lively cosmopolitan city with exciting nightlife. Many visitors come to this region for business purposes. Dubai plays host to several exhibitions and major business events that take place in the city throughout the year. Also, there are many upscale nightclubs and bars in the city ideal for an evening of relaxation after a hard day's work.
6. Dubai's local residents are very warm and friendly and visitors to the city are likely to be treated with Arab hospitality. It is traditional for the people of the area to treat guests with respect and many will go out of their way to help tourists.
7. Dubai is well known for being a venue for major sports tournaments like the Dubai Tennis Open and the Desert Golf Classic. There are a number of world-class racetracks in the city and there are other sports that are popular here as well, such as diving, sailing, water skiing, 4x4 racing and even some exotic sports like camel racing and falconry.
8. Dubai has many world-class beaches and resorts and there are many stretches of beautiful beaches in the region like the Jumeirah beach.
9. Dubai is one of the safest cities in the world and crime is almost non-existent in the city.
10. Dubai is home to some of the most luxurious hotels and resorts in the world like the Al Maha resort and the Burj Al Arab hotel. These establishments are famous the world over for being some of the most luxurious and extravagant places in the world.
About the author
Orson Johnson writes for Holiday Velvet, a website providing Dubai holiday rentals and B&B accommodation rentals.