10 Italian Foods Tourists Should Try On Holiday in Italy by:Orson Johnson
Italian cuisine is one of the most popular culinary art forms in the world
. These flavourful dishes have often graced the tables of many homes and restaurants all over the world. Naturally, the best place to sample authentic Italian cuisine is in Italy and a holiday to the country will not be complete without sampling some of the best dishes in the region.
1. Pizza - This is a contemporary Italian dish that was invented out of necessity in times of war, where Italian peasants would bake whatever vegetables and bits of meat they had on a piece of dough. Today, this popular dish has made its way all over the world but is at its best in Italy.
2. Lasagna - This is a classic Italian dish. Usually, ground beef, an assortment of cheeses and some sausages are used in making lasagna. Some lasagna dishes are prepared using tomato sauce in a process very similar to preparing spaghetti with tomato sauce.
3. Chicken Parmigiana - This is another classic Italian dish. It is similar to a sandwich and can be made by deep frying pieces of bead and chicken topped with melted cheese.
4. Linguini - Italians make the best linguini and this dish is served with a clam sauce made out of fresh clams, garlic and olive oil.
5. Fettuccine Alfredo - Fettuccine are long, wide noodles and aflredo is a type of white cream sauce. The heavy white sauce does a good job of sticking to the fettuccine resulting in a creamy and flavourful pasta dish. This is popular dish with both locals and tourists.
6. Pasta Primavera - This is a vegetarian pasta dish usually prepared with springtime vegetables. Although authentic pasta primavera is usually vegetarian, there are some variants that use shrimp or meat.
7. Veal Marsala - This dish is composed of veal cooked in Marsala wine sauce. This delicious dish is usually served with scallions and mushrooms.
8. Shrimp fra Diavolo - This is a spicy dish aptly named. Diavolo is the Italian word for devil and this dish is prepared with a lot of crushed pepper. This dish is rather spicy but is extremely delicious.
9. Chicken Saltimbocca - This is usually made with chicken, mozzarella cheese, spinach, and prosciutto ham.
10. Spaghetti Bolognaise - This is a classic Italian dish and it is one of the most popular and recognisable Italian dishes in the world. This is a simple and affordable dish made out of spaghetti noodles, tomatoes, beef and an assortment of other ingredients. Most Spaghetti dishes are prepared with ground beef, meatballs, mushrooms, broccoli and an assortment of sausages.
About the author
Orson Johnson writes for Holiday Velvet, a website providing Self Catering holidays in Italy & Food holidays in Italy.
10 Important Things to Remember Before You Travel! 10 Ideas for Family Holidays in Florida, USA by:Orson Johnson 10 Ideas for Family Holidays in Europe by:Orson Johnson 10 Green Travel Tips For The Holidays 10 Great Christmas Gift Thoughts for Cyclists - Special Gifts That each Cyclist Wants 10 Great Ballooning Destinations in the UK 10 Great Ballooning Destinations In The Uk 10 Family-friendly Travel Tips 10 Family Vacation Ideas for the South of France by:Orson Johnson 10 Essential things to pack when you are travelling cheap 10 Essential Trip and Travel Tips 10 Endroits Romantiques Pour Faire Sa Demande À Paris 10 Easy Steps To Booking A Holiday
10 Italian Foods Tourists Should Try On Holiday in Italy by:Orson Johnson Rawalpindi