10 Ideas for Family Holidays in Europe by:Orson Johnson
European holidays proffer a potpourri of destinations for holidaymakers to enjoy
. Families can expect to have a fun-filled, memorable excursion should they decide to take a European holiday vacation. Here are some tips to make your vacation a success.
1. Make a trip to Paris, the city of love. Paris has always enchanted the true-blooded ancient art inclined families. If you happen to be one, head straight to the Louvre, a place revered by medieval art history lovers. Apart from housing the legendary 'Mona Lisa' it has an enormous collection of 18th century masterpieces ranging from paintings and sculptures to an assortment of other collectibles. It is a good idea to get the "Museums and Monuments Card" from the tourism office for unlimited visits if you plan on visiting museums and art galleries during your stay.
2. To give your children a special treat, include Disneyland Park, Paris in your travel itinerary. This is your chance to enjoy adventure and action packed rides at the park that are fun for the whole family. Children can get to meet celebrated Disney characters and watch the magical cinematic illusions at the Walt Disney Studios as well.
3. The Leaning Tower of Pisa, the tower over the Cathedral, is an original and architectural masterpiece. It has fascinated voyagers since long due to its mysterious design. This is certainly a must see place cultural, historic and architectural indulgence is on your wish list.
4. Take a cable car ride to the top of Mount Titlis in Switzerland. Apart from seeing the country's highest mountain peak, you can also take in a variety of breathtaking scenes from 10,000 feet above sea level. The ride lasts for 45 minutes and is very enjoyable.
5. If you want to mix art and religion with some pleasurable sight-seeing, the Sistine Chapel in Rome is an excellent option. A celebrated work of art, it showcases the exceptional aesthetic proficiency of Michelangelo.
6. Enjoy the Amsterdam City canal cruise and witness marvels of Dutch history and culture. The cruise offers travellers a view of the famed historic canals and old cities situated on its banks along with some visually captivating scenery. Dinner is also served aboard these cruises apart. Musical Cruises are also available for those who love music.
7. The kids are guaranteed to love this one. A visit to the chocolate factory at Hanau is a must when you are travelling with young children. Get a firsthand account of delicious chocolate being churned out and sample some of the best varieties of these dark treats.
8. Take a trip to Innsbruck and the Swarovski Crystal Factory (Wattens, Austria). Here you can shop for rare and exquisite pieces of crystals apart from witnessing the making and polishing of the crystal artwork.
9. If you are planning to rekindle some romance, Venice beckons you. Take your partner for the famous boat ride over St. Marks Square and enjoy the magnificent sights of roman architecture in the form of the Basilica, Ducal Palace and the Bridge Of Sighs.
10. Nature lovers will enjoy the Rhine Falls, a massive waterfall situated in Zurich. You can also take the cogwheel train to the Jungfrau peak and visit Interlaken (situated between two lakes), the picturesque town where numerous Bollywood films have been shot.
About the author
Orson Johnson writes for Holiday Velvet, a website providing Family holidays in Europe & Amsterdam family holidays.
10 Green Travel Tips For The Holidays 10 Great Christmas Gift Thoughts for Cyclists - Special Gifts That each Cyclist Wants 10 Great Ballooning Destinations in the UK 10 Great Ballooning Destinations In The Uk 10 Family-friendly Travel Tips 10 Family Vacation Ideas for the South of France by:Orson Johnson 10 Essential things to pack when you are travelling cheap 10 Essential Trip and Travel Tips 10 Endroits Romantiques Pour Faire Sa Demande À Paris 10 Easy Steps To Booking A Holiday 10 Different Items You Probably Didn't Realise Were Australian 10 Destinations to the End of Summer 10 Destinations Pour La Fin De L'été