10 Family Vacation Ideas for the South of France by:Orson Johnson
The South of France is a charming amalgamation of archaic and contemporary Europe
. Home to several celebrated Victorian artists, this sun kissed coastal holiday locale is on the wish list of every world traveller. Here are some vacation ideas to make your holiday here memorable.
1. Pay a visit to Cannes, an upmarket retreat on the Cote d'Azur, to take advantage of the splendid line up of shopping avenues alongside picturesque beaches. This region is famous worldwide for the Annual Film Festival held in the month of May. Also, the fishing port hosts an array of expensive yachts that you can charter if you wish to do so.
2. Visit the beaches at the French Riviera to enjoy their pristine waters and quaint scenic beauty. You can even indulge in a relaxing family swimming session here.
3. Take a day trip to Monaco to see the Les Grands Appartement du Palais (palace of the reigning monarch). Sports fanatics can look forward to events like the Formula 1 Grand Prix held in May and the International Open Tennis Championships in April.
4. Nice is a must visit on a Southern France sojourn. Apart from being a spectacular beach resort, it is a storehouse of upmarket boutiques, well-stocked museums, buzzing street markets and picturesque gardens with fountains.
5. Bask in the glory of Ancient Rome at Arles with a day trip to see the colony created by Julius Caesar, the Roman Amphitheatre and the Muse de l'Arles Antique with its cache of ancient roman artefacts.
6. St. Tropez created a flutter in the tourism industry after the 1950's flick "And God Created Women." A mesmerizing coastal village, it was home to several celebrated artists who were in awe of the secluded destination. This is an ideal vacation spot for a quiet sojourn or romantic holiday.
7. Visit Menton, a less frequented but beautiful French Mediterranean resort for a relaxing vacation.
8. The oldest city in France, Marseille, reverberates with a rich historical and commercial heritage. It is the largest port in France and is constantly bustling with mercantile activity. It houses top-notch restaurants serving local sea food.
9. Take the children to the Mercantour National Park, near the Italian border for some intense countryside action. Here you can explore 685 kilometres of stunning natural surroundings and go hiking to discover unknown paths.
10. Gordes, standing on a hilltop, is a charismatic French village with streets winding around an 11th century chteau.
About the author
Orson Johnson writes for Holiday Velvet, a website providing Vacation apartments & Rome travel and holidays.
10 Essential things to pack when you are travelling cheap 10 Essential Trip and Travel Tips 10 Endroits Romantiques Pour Faire Sa Demande À Paris 10 Easy Steps To Booking A Holiday 10 Different Items You Probably Didn't Realise Were Australian 10 Destinations to the End of Summer 10 Destinations Pour La Fin De L'été 10 Delicious Discoveries With Intrepid Travel 10 Days: Egypt Highlights Tour 10 Countries To Travel On The Cheap 10 Christmas Songs I Never Want To Hear Again 10 Celebrities with Herpes 10 Best things to do on a trip to India