Insurances.net
insurances.net » Cancer Insurance » 10 Commons Myths Concerning The Signs Of Prostate Cancer
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

10 Commons Myths Concerning The Signs Of Prostate Cancer

Prostate cancer is a disease that can end up being fatal if not caught early

. There are more than 25 types of prostate cancer which means that you should know the signs of prostate cancer. There are so many myths about prostate cancer that you need to know which ones are true and which ones are false.

1.Only old men get prostate cancer. False. It is true that the older you are, chances are greater that you will get prostate cancer; this doesnt mean that only old men will get it. Almost 35% of men diagnosed are younger than 40.

2.If there are no symptoms, you dont have it. False. Prostate cancer is very dangerous because it is a cancer where not all men have symptoms.

3.Prostate cancer grows so slow, I dont have to catch it early. Yes and no. Because there are 25 types of prostate cancer, some grow very quickly and some are very slow. It is best to know about the different symptoms.

4.Because prostate cancer doesnt run in my family, I wont get it. False. Although those men with a history of prostate cancer in their family are 1 in 3, almost 1 out of 6 American men will be diagnosed with breast cancer.

5.PSA test is the same as a cancer test. Wrong. A PSA test measures the levels of prostate-specific antigen in the prostate, not cancer.

6.A high PSA level will mean that you have prostate cancer. Yes and no. Because it is common to have prostate cancer with elevated PSA levels, some men might still have prostate cancer with low levels of PSA.

7.I can pass my cancer to someone else. Wrong. Prostate cancer is not communicable or infectious.

8.Sexual activity increases chances of developing prostate cancer. Wrong. Studies have shown that men with regular sexual activity have a lower risk of developing prostate cancer.

9.Vasectomies will cause prostate cancer. Wrong. It used to be thought that having a vasectomy increased risk for prostate cancer, but this is not true.

10.Getting treated for prostate cancer will cause impotence or incontinence. False. While erectile dysfunction or urinary incontinence may be a possibility, most men do not suffer with these complications.

Now that you know about the myths concerning the signs of prostate cancer, you can know about this potentially deadly disease and catch it early if you or a loved one gets it.

by: prostate cancer
Prostate Cancer - Causes And Treatment Breast Cancer Reconstruction by:Mai Brooks Scalp Psoriasis Treatment Natural Cervical Cancer Vaccine Deaths 3 Basic Teeth Grinding Treatments 1971 - A Benchmark Year for Asbestos Litigation 12-step treatment for co-dependency 5 Things You Can Do to Support Breast Cancer 4 Traps To Avoid In The Diagnosis And Treatment Of ADHD 7 Best Wrinkle Reducer Treatments 3 Day Ringworm Treatment - Ringworm Natural Treatment Early Cervical Cancer Symptoms 4 Water Treatment System Mistakes You Don't Want To Make
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(13.59.195.118) Washington / Seattle Processed in 0.011831 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 24 , 2513, 301,
10 Commons Myths Concerning The Signs Of Prostate Cancer Seattle