Insurances.net
insurances.net » Employee Insurance » Three Limiting Beliefs about Getting Your Dream Job
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Three Limiting Beliefs about Getting Your Dream Job

A limiting belief is a belief that stops you from reaching your true potential.These are three of the most common limiting beliefs about jobs and careers that I have found from my fifteen years of coaching.

1. I don't have an MBA (degree, finished school etc.)Three Limiting Beliefs about Getting Your Dream Job

Lots of people like to think that if they had the degree or had finished high school they would be doing fine with their career. One of my most successful clients loves her job, makes nearer seven figures than six figures and has a degree but no Masters or MBA even thought lots of her "competition" in the market do. At one point in her career she doubted her own ability. She was worried about not having the degree but together we worked on her strengths and her self-esteem and overcoming her limiting beliefs.When a more senior job came up she did not limit herself with a story about education. She had no doubt that she was the best candidate and got the job.

2. I don't know the right people

Of course it helps if you have contacts butlots of my clients find jobs without being born into the right family or hanging out with the in-crowd. One client started his job search with literally a handful of contacts. But I helped himto systematically work through creating a list of people who could help him. He ended up getting a great job and putting his limiting belief aside. A few years later when he looked for another job his network was huge and he got another perfect job!

3. I'm too old (too young)

It's a real fear but it's also a limiting belief. I once coached a woman who was in her mid 60s. She was just about to get laid off from her job. Sadly, she could not retire. She was a widow who had been left with debts and few assets when her husband unexpectedly passed away. She feared that she would not find another job - or if she did- it would be one which paid minimum wage. She had a limiting belief that she was too old. We worked together on her great assets - being a hard worker and bright woman who really wanted to do a good job - and turned around her limiting belief. She found a job that she loved and which paid as much as her last job. She moved past the belief.

In all my clients there was a fear. In their heart they knew what theywanted to do but theywere afraid of letting go of the past and embracing their future.My job was to keep showing them what their limiting beliefs were and how they could move ahead of them.
The Irony of a Call Center Job In Pursuit Of Your Dream Job Successfully Finding a Physician Job Job Termination - What I Am Doing Get A Life Not Just A Job! Choosing the right job Becoming A Fireman - Fire Department Job Becoming A Volunteer Firefighter - Fire Department Job Steps To Become A Firefighter - Fire Department Job Gracefully Resigning From Your JOb Job Title - Does It Really Matter? How to Ensure a Thorough Cleaning Job Individual Disability Insurance Advantages For Federal Government Employees
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.133.141.6) / Processed in 0.012253 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 2643, 968,