Insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Successful Entrepreneurship: It's All In A Name

Successful Entrepreneurship: It's All In A Name

Successful Entrepreneurship: It's All In A Name
SHARE:  

Running a business comes with its share of problems

, in terms of both mechanics and aesthetics. In my experience, one of the most important challenges every entrepreneur faces is the naming or re-naming of a company. Ive been involved in the creation of more than a dozen companies, and I have had the privilege of advising on the development of hundreds of others. Here are some of the lessons I learned when it comes to picking a name that will garner success, now and in the future:

Easy-to-Remember Names

Names that are easy to remember are a sure-fire way to increase advertising effectiveness. These kinds of names are easy to pronounce and often have a visual component (think Target and Duracell). The difficulty, though, is that they can be tough to trademark. Also, the specificity of easy-to-remember names can limit a business to a particular region or industry. The perk of these names, however, is their high spend-to-result ratio. If an entrepreneur picks a highly memorable name, he or she can spend relatively little and still net huge results in short

by: Chris RughAbout the Author:Christopher Rugh ,EO Seattle A serial entrepreneur, Christopher is the founder and CEO of several companies, including 1-800-Good Credit, Worldwide Telegraph and CustomTollfree.com. He hasbeen an EO member since 2001. You can reach Christopher at cmb@customtollfree.com.Visit us at http://www.chrisrugh.com/ for more details!

www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search     IP(54.166.172.180) Virginia / Ashburn Processed in 0.232085 second(s), 10 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 6 , 1465, 952, 951
Successful Entrepreneurship: It's All In A Name Ashburn