Insurances.net
insurances.net » Medical Insurance » health Insurance For Low Income Families - I cannot pay my Medical Bills what can I do?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

health Insurance For Low Income Families - I cannot pay my Medical Bills what can I do?

health Insurance For Low Income Families - I cannot pay my Medical Bills what can I do?

With the high cost of health insurance premiums these days

, many individuals simply can't afford the "luxury" of health insurance coverage. Unfortunately, this means that those same individuals are often unable to pay medical bills that they may incur should an unexpected medical event occur. If you find yourself in this situation, there are steps that you can take to get health insurance for low income families.

1. Contact your hospital or health care provider immediately and tell them that you are unable to pay your medical bills. Make sure you do this as soon as possible. Otherwise, the bill may be sent to a collection agency, which not only hurts your credit, but also makes hospitals and health care providers much less inclined to work with you.

2. Try to negotiate a payment plan with your hospital or health care provider. Don't assume that the amount you owe is written in stone. Some hospitals are willing to extend charity care, financial assistance or even discounts for services. See if you and your provider can come to some sort of terms that are satisfactory them, but won't put you in the poor house.

Then when you have agreed on a plan, get it in writing and have them sign it. Just remember, verbal agreements don't mean a thing. Always get everything that was discussed written down and signedhealth Insurance For Low Income Families - I cannot pay my Medical Bills what can I do?

3. Apply for a public health insurance program, such as Medicaid. Medicaid is a state provided health insurance available to those who qualify. They have a website that you can visit to see if you meet their eligibility requirements. The nice thing about Medicaid is that it is retroactive. This means that they will sometimes reimburse your medical expenses for up to a 3-month period before starting the application process, as long as you can prove that you were Medicaid eligible at the time you received your medical services. this is one way to get get health insurance for low income families .

4. Get outside help. If you simply feel that you are in over your head, groups like The Access Project can help you. The Access Project's Medical Debt Resolution Program can provide you with information and strategies to help you in dealing with medical providers to resolve your medical debt.

So if you find yourself in the position of being unable to pay your medical bills, don't despair. Take a deep breath and take action. Click here to get health insurance for low income families.

By: Andy Ryan
How Does Medicare Supplemental Insurance Help Seniors? How to Get Health Insurance with Pre Existing Medical Conditions? Watch Er Episodes Online To Experience The Best Of Medical Drama Online Medical Codes 799.51 Answers Your Preadd Diagnosis Tight Spot Mexvisit Mexican Auto Insurance Travel/medical/roadside Assistance Consider Short Term Major Medical Insurance In The US Short Term Medical Coverage – Insurance Protection For the Unemployed Online Medical Libraries – What Makes them So Useful? Why Medical Air Evacuation Insurance? How To Discover Great Treatment For Devastating Illnesses Impact of Reforms on Medicare Insurance in Arizonian Cities Medical Insurance Plans: Secure Your Loved Ones Benefits Of Outsourcing Insurance Authorization To Medical Insurance Authorization Experts
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(52.15.112.69) Ohio / Columbus Processed in 0.012170 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 16 , 2988, 963,
health Insurance For Low Income Families - I cannot pay my Medical Bills what can I do? Columbus