Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » duck decoys in timber
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

duck decoys in timber

duck decoys in timber

My favorite duck hunting spot is in flooded timber

, but until the floods come, I look for back water dead end fingers to set my duck decoys on rivers no wider than 60 yards with tree lined banks. After feeding in the fields ducks are attracted to these areas for a place to loaf and rest. Duck decoy placement is critical to attract ducks on these back water sloughs or in timber.

I like to put out 2 dozen super magnum mallard duck decoys and place into two or three family groups as this is natural for ducks after they land to group up. As an added enticement I will put out 2 wigeon, 2 pintail and 4 teal just outside the mallard decoys as ducks of different species stay to themselves. You want to leave a landing hole between your duck decoys for the ducks to land in about 20 to 25 yards away from your shooting area.

Now here is the key, motion is what will pull the ducks in. I like to set up one or two Herban Hunter Hypnotizer spinning wing duck decoys downwind facing the decoys as if coming in to land. In the landing hole you want to place another spinning wing decoy or a motion water ripple maker duck decoy. The ducks will focus on this movement and come right into the landing hole you have created.

Once they commit to land in the decoys by back peddling and dropping their feet. The only way out is straight up to get out over the trees as they have lost their forward momentum. In this situation we clean the flock of drakes, none get out. Let the hens pass.

This decoy spread is deadly on back water river sloughs but if you want every bird in the sky to come check your spread out you need to master the call along with the placement of duck decoys.

All rights reserved 2009 HerbanHunter

duck decoys in timber

By: HerbanHunter
Cheap Pass Promos To Excite You: Private Rooms, Flights, Chow Down, Malls, Leisure Activities, And B Travel Guidance About Bonus Deals Along With Scrumptious Meals On Embarking Flights For Las Vegas Low-cut Trip Plans To Shake You: Hotels, Plane Tickets, Chow Area, Stores, Enjoyment, And Fun Nights Low-priced Relax Time Promos To Beatify You: Residences, Plane Fare, Eating Areas, Stores, Enjoyment Flight Tips About Concession & Comfortable Trips On Airlines For Las Vegas Volunteering In Peru, Tourism With A Twist Of Goodwill Cheap Travel Packages To Stir You: Suites, Air Tickets, Chow Down, Shops, Enjoyment, And Karaoke Four Memorable Gifts to Give Your Employees For Christmas Travel Points Dealing With Deaps & Smooth Departures For Airlines For Las Vegas Travel Guidance Helping You With Packages & Pleasant Trips While Boarding Planes For Las Vegas Valuable Commentaries About Tips On How To Grasp Non-expensive Air Travel Costs Traveling Guide Related To Grand Mileage Along With Smooth Routes While Boarding Las Vegas Flights Triple Play Blower Account For Almost Half Of It Investment Impulse
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.19.55.8) / Processed in 0.012223 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 1832, 954,
duck decoys in timber