Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Barbie Doll - The Perfect Figure? by:Terry Edwards
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Barbie Doll - The Perfect Figure? by:Terry Edwards

While no one will argue with the popularity of Mattel's Barbie Doll

, one area that has raised its fair share of controversy over the years is her figure.

Many parents from around the world have argued that Barbie's ultra-slim figure represents a ridiculous standard for a body shape. They say that many girls grow up thinking that they must have the same figure as Barbie or there is something wrong with them. While I don't take that radical of a stance, I will say that it would be quite difficult to measure up to Barbie's standards.

If you take the measurements of Barbie, she would be over 7 feet tall, weigh around 125 pounds, and have a shape of 32-20-42. Of course, no woman could maintain a figure like that, but this is where the controversy stems.

In addition, Barbie has a very long neck. In fact, her neck is nearly twice the size of the average woman. Her feet are also another source of criticism with many saying that Barbie's feet are only half the size of a normal womans due to foot binding. That is the practice of preventing your feet from growing by constricting them.

Some have went as far as saying that the Barbie doll has caused their children to become anorexic from trying to maintain Barbie's figure. I think that may be a little extreme, but I can see both sides.

In recent years, Mattel has given in a little bit on this issue and widened Barbie's waist a bit. This took place around the year 2000. Barbie now has a more proportioned waist.

Regardless of what Barbie's figure looks like, or who is right or wrong on this issue, the real winner in this debate is Mattel. The added controversy and publicity only helps to fuel sales. I wonder why no one talks about Ken's figure?

About the author

Terry Edwards

You can find out much more about Barbies Perfect Figure at http://www.Barbie.InfoFromA-z.com/Barbie_-_The_Perfect_Figure.html as well as more information on everything to do with Barbie on our website at http://www.Barbie.InfoFromA-z.com
Skateboarding In The Eighties To The Present by:Kadence Buchanan A Guide To Paying Back A Student Loan by:Joseph Kenny A Guide to Banking for Students by:Joseph Kenny Accessorizing Ideas For Your Prom by:Christopher Smith Play With the Best Video Game System and Spend Hours of Great Fun by:Harvey Perl Prom-Day Prep by:Differin Staff The Way to Find a Terrorific Halloween Costume This Season by:Matthew Lester The Reality of The Date Rape Drug by:Mardie Caldwell, C.O.A.P. Out of Control by:Ken Mossman Adolescent Obesity - The Blame Game by:Steve Ruprecht Freeware Games: Get Your Games For Free! by:Aiden Zapora Freeware Games And How To Find Them. by:Aiden Zapora All About Cubby House and their Safety by:Angela Camardi
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.142.174.55) / Processed in 0.011428 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 2275, 956,