Insurances.net
insurances.net » Life Insurance » affordable long term care insurance va
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

affordable long term care insurance va

Long term care insurance can be a practical and affordable way to pay the costs of long term care services. It can also help you:

. Maintain control over how you spend your savings

. Have a choice in who provides your care and where

. Afford higher quality care for a longer period of time

With the right long term care insurance in place, you can take comfort in knowing

that you have taken the next step toward a more secure and independent future.

PREPARING FOR LONG TERM CARE IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.

Long term care insurance can play a critical role,providing a variety of important benefits:

. Insurance is primarily designed to cover the costs associated with long term care

while helping protect your retirement income for the purpose you intended.

. It enables you to participate in the choice of where you receive care, including at home where most people prefer to stay, at an adult day care center or in a nursing home.

.The cost of coverage is based in part on your age and health when you apply. So, the younger and healthier you are, the lower your premiums may be.

Long term care insurance doesn't replace what families do, but it does help them provide care

for their loved ones better and longer.

CHECK THE FACTS

LONG TERM CARE INSURANCE

Underwritten by

Genworth Life Insurance Company

Check the facts, then check into

long term care insurance.

Genworth Life Insurance Company offers comprehensive, flexible long term care insurance

policies that provide superior protection.Our Long Term Care Insurance Division helped

pioneer the development of long term care insurance more than 30 years ago and we've been an industry leader ever since.(1)

Over the years we've helped over one million policyholders (2) protect their assets and their future financial independence. We can help you, too.

1 Life Plans 2008 Long Term Care Individual and Group Association Top

Writers Survey Results. Based on number of individual policies sold and

individual annualized premium in force.

2 Over one million policyholders as of 12/31/08, beginning 12/74.

This solicitation of insurance is for policy series 7042, 7042 Rev,

7044, 7044 Rev, 7048, 7050 (7042FL Rev & 7044FL Rev in Florida,

7042ID Rev, 7044ID Rev & 7048ID in Idaho, 7042NC Rev & 7044NC

Rev in North Carolina, 7042OK Rev, 7044OKRev & 7048OK in

Oklahoma, 7042TX Rev & 7044TX Rev in Texas, 7042WA, 7044WA

and 7048WA in Washington). Not all policies are available in all

states. Complete details of the benefits, cost, limitations, and

exclusions, of these valuable long term care insurance policies

will be provided to you by the company. Copies of articles and

survey results are available from the company or one of our

insurance agents.

Alzheimers Association and Genworth Financial, Inc. have entered

into a strategic relationship that permits Genworth use of the

Associations trademarks and/or logos. The use of the Alzheimers

Association logo does not constitute an endorsement of the company's products and services

2006-2009 Genworth Financial, Inc. All rights reserved. Genworth, Genworth

Financial and the Genworth logo are registered service marks of Genworth Financial, Inc.

81900 07/03/09

IT WON'T HAPPEN TO ME, BUT IF IT DOES,I CAN AFFORD IT.

We believe we'll live a long life. That's why we prepare for retirement. Too often, however,retirement savings are used to pay for long term care.

If you do need long term care services, it is prudent to have a strategy in place to help pay for them;otherwise, your retirement savings may be at risk.

Nationally, across all home care provider types,the average median hourly rate for home health aides is $24.36.

Genworth 2009 Cost of Care Survey,

conducted by CareScout, April 2009.

Nationally, the average median annual cost for a private room in a nursing home is $74,208. The

five-year annual increase in cost of private room has increased more than 4%.

Genworth 2009 Cost of Care Survey,

conducted by CareScout, April 2009.

I CAN COUNT ON MEDICARE OR MEDICAID TO PAY FOR MY CARE.

Most Americans, age 65 and older, are eligible for Medicare, but benefits for long term care services

are generally limited. Medicare wasn't designed to adequately pay for home care, adult day care or assisted living care. It does pay for a portion of nursing home care, up to 100 days per benefit

period, but only for skilled or rehabilitative services. Medicaid will pay for custodial care in

a skilled nursing home, but those rules are governed by each state. And, the Deficit

Reduction Act of 2005 made qualifying for Medicaid even more difficult.

Most states permit Medicaid beneficiaries to keep no more than about $2,000 in liquid assets.

The value of the home generally is exempt(provided equity does not exceed $500,000 or at

state discretion $750,000). Eligibility is denied if the applicant has transferred assets in order to

qualify for Medicaid. The state looks back five years to determine whether asset transfer rules have been abused.The Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 implemented new policies that prevent people who transferred assets even for legitimate purposes from accessing Medicaid coverage

for LTC. Medicaid also has a program for recovering the value of LTC services from the estates of deceased beneficiaries.

AARP Public Policy Institute, Myths about the Medicaid

Program and the People it Helps, November 2008

MY FAMILY WILL TAKE CARE OF ME.

Of course they will. That is what families do.But have you considered what it will do to them emotionally and financially, especially if they

don't live near you? The loss of wages, health insurance and other job benefits, retirement savings, and Social Security benefits holds serious

consequences for caregivers. More than one-third (37%) of caregivers to persons age 50 and older reported quitting their job or reducing their work hours in 2007.Caregivers to persons age 50 or older reported spending an average of $5,531 out-of-pocket in

2007. Long-distance caregivers had the highest annual expenses, $8,728.

AARP Public Policy Institute, Valuing the Invaluable: The

Economic Value of Family Caregiving, 2008 Update

The information contained in this material describing certain

aspects of the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 is based on our

current understanding of the law. It is not intended to provide

legal advice and is subject to interpretation. Consult your

attorney for information related to your particular situation.

Insurance and annuity products:

. Are not deposits.

. May decrease in value.

. Are not insured by the FDIC or any other federal government agency.

. Are not guaranteed by the bank or its affiliates.

Download your FREE (VA.) cost of care survey today, and receive a bonus guide- on how to design your own plan!
affordable long term care insurance virginia Life Insurance for People Who Are Diabetic (Type I and Type II) Different types of beds and their need in our life Understanding what NLP stands for and how you'll be able to use it to alter your life Start a Career in the Growing Banking and Insurance Sector Night life and a fine weather An Overview of Mortgage life insurance quote and rates Life Size Plush and the Resurgence of the Steiff Bear An introduction to living consciously - Open your mind and choose to live your life I Am A Factory Raised Laying Hen And This Is My Life (Part One) I Am A Factory Raised Laying Hen And This Is My Life (Part Two) Why Auto Mechanic Jobs are a Great Career! Finding Whole Life Insurance Quotes
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.129.70.157) / Processed in 0.016592 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 174 , 7600, 953,