Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Yellowstone National Park Two Dollar Bills for Christmas
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Yellowstone National Park Two Dollar Bills for Christmas

Collecting Currency

I have been a coin collector off and on for a long time, ever since high school I think. I can remember going through rolls and rolls of coins, trying to complete a collection of circulated Lincoln pennies or Buffalo nickels. I never got into paper money much, although I do have some Confederate money that my grandfather passed on to me and some of the original $2 bills when they were first released. The As Seen On TV commercial touting the colored Yellowstone National Park $2 bill struck me as a great way to give a gift that is not only beautiful, but has historical significance as well. Goodness know our kids could use a little more education in the history of our great country!

Wikipedia has this to say about the history of the $2 bill:Yellowstone National Park Two Dollar Bills for Christmas

"The United States two-dollar bill ($2) is a current denomination of US currency. Former President Thomas Jefferson is featured on the obverse of the note. The reverse features an engraved modified reproduction of the painting The Declaration of Independence by John Trumbull."

"The bill was discontinued in 1966, but was reintroduced 10 years later as part of the United States Bicentennial celebrations. Today, however, it is rarely seen in circulation and actual use. Production of the note is the lowest of U.S. paper money: under 1% of all notes currently produced are $2 bills. This comparative scarcity in circulation, coupled with a lack of public awareness that the bill is still in circulation, has also inspired urban legends and, on a few occasions, created problems for people trying to use the bill to make purchases."

"Throughout the $2 bills pre-1929 life as a large-sized note, it was issued as a United States Note, National Bank Note, Silver Certificate, and Treasury or "Coin" Note. When U.S. currency was changed to its current size, the $2 bill was issued only as a United States Note. After United States Notes were discontinued, the $2 bill later began to be issued as a Federal Reserve Note."

The Color Enhanced Two Dollar Bill

These Yellowstone National Park Two Dollar Bills advertised on TV are uncirculated legal tender that have been color enhanced by the New England Mint. On the front, they have outlined Jefferson's photo in gold and Yellowstone's Old Faithful Geyser brilliantly colored. The reverse of the bill is an enhanced commemoration of the Signing of the Declaration of Independence. I think I would buy this even without the bonus offer of a color enhanced Grand Canyon Two Dollar Bill. But for about $22 for both, I think they are a meaningful gift in a time when realizing the greatness of our country is all but forgotten.
How to Budget Money for Holiday Lists Living Vicariously From Anywhere With Wimax And Travel Blogs Icard Article Christmas Gift Cards Effects of Value Volatility on Producers of Agricultural Commodities in Developing Countries Budget Travel in the Free State - Ever Present Windmill within the Agricultural Center Awesome! Odyssey White Hot Tour 1 Putter Watch The American Full Movie Stream Celebrity Workout Plan: The Taylor Lautner Workout Yiwu: Commodity Hell or Sourcing Mecca Cone crusher advantages and wide use in Africa Why Christmas Cards Are Sent? Traveling to Hilton Head With Your Pet Buy Adventure Accessories For Smooth Adventuring Tour
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.201.71) / Processed in 0.012080 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 16 , 2794, 954,