Insurances.net
insurances.net » Boat Insurance » Women's Flotilla - Sailing Your Life's Journey!
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Women's Flotilla - Sailing Your Life's Journey!

I disappeared for a week.It was intentional though I had hoped to leave some signs of life while I was gone!But life rushed me out the door, to the airport and on a surprisingly full plane from Israel to Turkey. I travelled to join the 4th International Women's Sailing Week, a phenomenal initiative of the Turkish conceived and run 'Women's Sailing School' which brings together Women from all over the world to celebrate the beauty of the region and the joy of sailing - women only. Traditionally sailing is quite a macho sport where women are often left aside while the men take over the running of the boat. However, Neslihan Karayel (her surname is the Turkish for the 'north west wind' which happily we experienced quite a few times during the week as it filled our sails and kept us busy on board!) has created a place where women can learn to sail and qualify as skippers, a place where we can celebrate the many faces of women's strength and empowerment . This week was witness to such wonderful display!I had been warned by many that I was crazy to attempt to travel to Turkey during these turbulent times. I paid no heed to these warnings, having attended the Women's Flotilla last year (isn't it amazing how so quickly 'flotilla' has become a dirty word!). My first experience was to be greeted by pleasant Turkish travel companions on the flights and arriving in Marmaris, my yacht awaited me with the Turkish and Israeli Flags hoisted side by side.The week was simply amazing. I reconnected with life at sea (yes, hints of my colorful past!), I reconnected with the simplicity of life without kids, partner and a hectic work schedule, I reconnected with wonderful friends and of course, with myself. I was romanced by the good food, sunshine, powerful winds, beautiful sea life and the company of wonderful women. What more can a girl ask for!Every day started with yoga and a hike by which time it was so hot that we dived into the amazingly blue and clear water to cool down and pique our appetite for breakfast. After eating fruit, yogurt and muesli or sometimes the fresh bread baked by the local women and delivered by little boats that pulled up alongside ours, we rested, tidied up the boat and set sail. Some days the sea was quiet and we were forced to put down anchor at the most beautiful sheltered bays for swim and snorkel stops. Other days the winds were so strong that we had to wear harnesses and life jackets. As we used to say in Dublin, the crack was mighty (that means we had such a great laugh!) as only girls know how, and we talked about everything under the sun!In the evenings we moored or anchored in more of the wonderful sheltered bays that had simple restaurants, some with no road access, electricity or running water. We then celebrated the day with happy hour, good music and followed by a lovely evening meal.It is a vacation that involves serious physical exertion and I love that. We had ample opportunity to witness our own powerful selves sailing through rough waters. It was an awesome sight and a heart-warming experience. There are so many parallels to our own life's journey. You are stuck with people that you may not normally choose to be with in such close and confined space. You are faced with physical and emotional challenges.The outcome was wonderful. We all pulled together and the atmosphere on the boat was supportive, inspiring and caring. Each individual taught me so much. There was Denise, who never stops smiling, showed me how much a smile can change the world! And Audrey taught me to stop sweating the small stuff. Serra showed me how being intensely feminine and beautiful can still be strong and powerful. Feryal showed me how she stopped fearing her 6th sense and makes powerful positive use of her talents.; so many lessons, so much inspiration.And I told stories! Lots of stories!Perhaps the most wonderful outcome of all was to understand that women thrown together from all walks of life, and many cultures, beliefs and backgrounds, will always find a way to enjoy, appreciate and rejoice in each other's company.And as Feryal told me when she read the remains of my Turkish coffee - what I am doing (working with women entrepreneurs through story) is what I am meant to do, if I had not found it, it would have found me. What a blessing, what an honor!
Tips to Choose Boat accessories and Windlasses To negotiate assurance of Basics sailing engineering Paris Boats And Barges Are Usually Adorned With Lavish Decorations World's Largest Solar Boat Prepares for World Tour Greek Islands Holidays – The Perfect Next Season Sailing Holidays Experience Why are Boat Shoes so Popular? Deck Shoes are Not Just for Boats Mens Boat Shoes are in This Season Boat Rental Paris Provides Beautiful Views With Comfortable Accommodation Womens Boat Shoes are a Great Pair of Shoes to Own How To Ensure That You Have The Best Resource In Boating Product Information Buy New Boats Online Why You Should Consider A Boat Charter For Your Next Holiday
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.19.56.114) / Processed in 0.013288 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 2 , 4475, 977,