Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Woman Receives $125000 Settlement for Cruise Ship Injury
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Woman Receives $125000 Settlement for Cruise Ship Injury

A 67-year-old woman said she had hoped her first vacation on a cruise ship would be smooth sailing.

But Elizabeth Reimer, who lives in Texas, said things turned turbulent when she took a misstep while boarding a Carnival Cruise ship that sailed out of the Texas coast.

She reached a settlement with the Miami-based company on Thursday, but Reimer wishes thecruise ship accident had not occurred in the first place.

In April, she got on the Carnival Conquest cruise ship, which sailed to the Grand Cayman Island. The ships in Grand Cayman must stay anchored off shore, Carnival said in a statement. Passengers need to board a small tender boat to get to the dock. They are operated by another company. As Elizabeth exited the tender, she fell. Her leg was caught between the boat and the dock.

Reimer fell as she was exiting a small tender boat. It became a trip she'd never forget because, she says, she was left to fend for herself.

"The boat fell away from the dock and it was an open place, and I could see the water as my leg went down," said Reimer, describing how, she says, she almost drowned. "It has made me have nightmares about falling into this void that I can't get out of and drowning."

"When they said, it's just bruised, just walk it off, I thought maybe I could walk it off," she said.

She couldn't. Her lower leg, her tibia, was fractured.

"I wanted only to get back in the bed and not hurt anymore," said Reimer.

She spent the rest of the cruise in a wheelchair.

Attorney Joseph Maus says people might be surprise to know that if they're injured on a cruise ship, they need to work quickly.

"People have only one year to file a suit, which is three years less than if you fall anywhere else," said Maus.

On Thursday, Carnival settled with Elizabeth for $125,000. Elizabeth says she wishes she wouldn't have taken the cruise at all.

Maus wants to remind people that there are main things to consider before filing suit against the cruise ship company after a cruise ship accident. There are limitations to where a suit can be filed as listed on the cruise ticket. There are also limitations to the time in which you have to file suit. If you or someone you know has been injured it is best to consult with an attorney immediately.
Car Insurance in New Jersey – Know the Basics Is Bad Credit Auto Refinancing Right For You? Getting Cheaper Car Insurance for new drivers - Cut The Cost Right Away Cheaper Auto Insurance for older drivers - Save on Your Auto Insurance Right Away Online Automotive and Diesel Training Opportunities and Programs John Staluppi Sees Elevated Levels of Service from NY Auto Giant Dealer Millennium Honda Automobile crash ends in fire Erbs Palsy Injuries And Malpractice Cases Trucks that Power Bucket Trucks - Top Brands and Specs Car Rental East Midlands Airport Competitive Motorbike Insurance Is Good Online Quotes For Car Insurance How To Get Discounted Car Insurance Premiums In Hannibal?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.224.73.125) Hovedstaden / Copenhagen Processed in 0.012051 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 28 , 2478, 952,
Woman Receives $125000 Settlement for Cruise Ship Injury Copenhagen