Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » Why Women Under 40 Should Be Aware Of Breast Cancer
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Why Women Under 40 Should Be Aware Of Breast Cancer

I am an advocate in raising breast cancer awareness in young women because I found

a lump in my breast at 28, but wasnt properly diagnosed with breast cancer until I turned 31 years old.

Breast cancer in women under the age of 40 years old is still considered rare because only 10% of all breast cancer cases are young women. However, breast cancer can strike at any age. The mortality rates in young women are higher due to the following reasons: young women are not aware they can get breast cancer, many women ignore signs of breast problems, in many cases young woman are not diagnosed properly, delay in diagnosis, and breast cancer in young women are more aggressive.

What are the steps in early detection? First a woman needs to know her body. Performing a self breast exam at least once a week will get her familiar with her breasts. Knowing her breasts will allow her to identify any changes or suspicious lumps in your breasts. If this occurs, immediately contact a physician.

If a woman has a strong history of breast cancer in her family, she should discuss it with her physician on the appropriate age to start getting an annual mammogram. If a woman does find a lump in her breast and her doctor does not recommend any form of testing, the woman should seek a second opinion if she does have a history of breast cancer or feel a further examination is needed.

by: Gina Andrews
Buy Designer Women's Clothing Well Within Your Budget Limits! The Ultimate Fashion Accessories Destination – Ed Hardy Mark your daughter's sixteenth birthday with a huge celebration Wine Festival comes to Guguletu by:Mark Johnson A Brilliant Approach in Web Design Water for Elephants 2010 Watch Online The Joy Of Babies Why it is Difficult to Get Compensation without a Personal Injury Lawyer Plan Your Wedding With Indian Wedding Planners World Famous Ice and Snow Festival—Harbin International Ice and Snow Festival Salt Lake City Minivan Dealers Have Ideal Family Hauler A Holiday in Harrogate by:Alton Williams Online Learning Easiest To Study Guitar
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.141.45.253) / Processed in 0.010088 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 8 , 1450, 975,