Insurances.net
insurances.net » Dental Insurance » Why Should a Dentist Whiten my Teeth?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Why Should a Dentist Whiten my Teeth?

There are many treatments for which visiting a cosmetic dentist seems like the obvious best choice. But you may not rank tooth whitening as being as complicated as having a broken tooth repaired or a tooth replaced. However, if you think that over-the-counter tooth whitening achieves the same results as professional tooth whitening, you should take another look at how each type of tooth whitening system works.

When you are approaching an important event or life change that requires you to look your best, tooth whitening may not immediately come to mind. But did you know that the whiteness of your teeth is seen as an indication of your health and youthfulness? By contrast, individuals with discolored yellow or gray teeth are seen as prematurely old and unhealthy.

Tooth Whitening Options

If you are considering tooth whitening, you have three options available:

Professional tooth whitening

Dentist-prescribed take home tooth whitening kits

Over-the-counter tooth whitening kits

Each of these types of tooth whitening provides different results and requires a different amount of treatment time to provide you with the most benefits possible. Professional tooth whitening takes place in the dentist's chair and requires about one hour of treatment. The results are consistent and average about 8 shades whiter than your untreated tooth color.

Dentist-prescribed take home tooth whitening kits differ from over-the-counter tooth whitening treatments because they have a higher concentration of active ingredient that whitens your teeth about 6 shades, as opposed to 3-4 shades from over-the counter treatments. They also use variable treatment options, like different lengths of treatment times and customizable whitening trays.

Over-the-counter tooth whitening works for many people, but is not as effective as either of the other two types of tooth whitening options and cannot provide consistent results. Often the edges of your teeth and the enamel near your gum line is not as affected as the front surface of your teeth, and darker stains may not be affected by a single treatment rotation. Worst of all, whitening strips and gels require you to whiten every day for 2-4 weeks for 30 minutes at a time, requiring up to 14 hours of treatment time.

While the whiteness of your teeth is not a direct indication of your tooth health, it can dramatically affect the way you look and help you appear younger and healthier. If you are considering tooth whitening, you are most likely to experience the best results with professional, in-office tooth whitening.
Teeth In Toddlers Are You Diabetic? See Your Dentist Learn How Arvada Dentist Gives Joy Oakland Teeth Whitening In The Office Teeth Whitening - Is it Enough? What Everyone Wants To Know About The Link Between Thyroid Cancer And Dental X-rays Why Should I get Dental Implants to Replace my Missing Teeth? What is A Cosmetic Dentist? General Dentistry: Overview All The Great Things Dentists Can Do For You A Comparison Of Diy Teeth Whitening Vs In Dental Clinic Dentists--some Key Considerations When Picking Amongst Dentists How to Find a Cosmetic Dentist
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.144.34.85) / Processed in 0.011902 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 2718, 964,