Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Why Should I Choose Martial Arts For My Child?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Why Should I Choose Martial Arts For My Child?

Why Should I Choose Martial Arts For My Child?

Parents may choose to enroll their children in a martial arts program for a number of different reasons

. Martial arts can provide a safe and healthy outlet for children. It offers them the opportunity for highly important physical exercise. In addition it teaches them skills and lessons that will prove valuable throughout their entire life.

Obesity in the United States has reached an all time high level. The National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey from 2007-2008 indicates that an estimated 17 percent of children between the ages of 2 and 19 are categorized as obese. This means that they have a BMI, or Body Mass Index, of 30 or higher.

The increasing popularity of video games, computer networking websites, and other electronic advancements has created a society which does not encourage physical fitness the same way that it once did. Playing outside with friends, running around, and engaging in sporting activities have been replaced with Nintendo, iPod, and laptops.

Enrolling a child in Taekwondo, Karate, or Kung Fu can provide them with the opportunity and desire to engage in physical activity which can lead to healthier bodies and minds. Parents may also choose to enroll their children in a martial arts program for the affect it can have on their child's sense of confidence and well being. Martial arts life skills that are taught, developed, and encouraged include many skills. These include things such as respect, self esteem, integrity, confidence, perseverance, loyalty, self control, courtesy, and confidence.Why Should I Choose Martial Arts For My Child?

Kids are encouraged to set personal goals for themselves, both in and out of class, and are given the tools necessary to help them achieve those goals. Another reason to enroll a child in mixed martial arts is the sense of security instilled in the parents and child that comes with knowing that the child has been taught the basics of self defense. The world is an increasingly dangerous and predatory place and even the slightest level of self defense training can help a child escape from a potentially dangerous situation.

Self restraint is an important trait that is focused upon to ensure that children do not use their skills for the wrong reasons, but also to let them know how and when they should rely upon their training. Martial arts training can have a positive impact on all aspects of a child's life. In addition to helping them maintain physical fitness, they are also exposed to new social settings and given the opportunity to make new friends with people from varying backgrounds.

A healthy and confident child generally exhibits more positive behavior in school and at home than an unfit child lacking in confidence. A healthy body leads to a healthy mind. An increase in attentiveness can help a child to succeed in school and excel later in life.

The rewards from enrollment in a martial arts program can be immense and long lasting. The physical well being, mental health and confidence learned while studying martial arts will likely stay with a child long after their classes stop.

by: Nick Messe
Beauty Tip For Teen Skin Care For Teens Learn How The Category Of Child Custody Is Determined How To Buy Shoes Online For Children Marketing goods for children TEEN CHARGED WITH 1ST DEGREE MURDER FOR BURNING INSECTS Salman Khan: Bad Boy Of Bollywood With A Good Heart Moving with Children Wool Area Rugs For The Kids Room Manifestations of Syphilis in Children Tonsil Stones In Children: Causes And Best Treatment Options Safety 1st Infant Seats: Best Choice For Your Child British history what was it like for babies and children in the past,life for children the 10th century
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.222.149.152) Noord-Holland / Amsterdam Processed in 0.005171 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 16 , 3159, 956,
Why Should I Choose Martial Arts For My Child? Amsterdam