Insurances.net
insurances.net » Internet Insurance » Why Many Online Entrepreneurs Plan To Fail
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Why Many Online Entrepreneurs Plan To Fail

It maybe a strange title, surely people starting their own business should be planning to succeed

. But planning to fail is what so many people do when they embark on an online business. Why?

The reason is, they don't actually treat it as a business, they treat it as an interest, a hobby. I certainly know I have been guilty of that in the past. I always had the wrong mindset, always losing focus because I wasn't treating it seriously.

What is one of the first things that should be done when starting any business, online or offline?

Make a plan, without it, you are doomed to failure. As the saying goes, failing to make a plan is planning to fail.

It is a must, it is essential. Without any sort of plan, you do not have any idea of where you are taking your business, no clue of direction or achievements.

Many people will say 'Yes but all my planning is in my head, I know exactly what I want to do'. That is fine, but you can't keep track of all plans, or how to get there, in your head. These plans and goals must be written down on paper and placed where you can see them. Not only does it remind you, but it also keeps you focused. You know exactly what you need to do to achieve your goals and when by. If you keep them in your head, you can easily lose track of the timescale as you do not have any definite idea as to when your goals were set, leading you to not really bother when you achieve your targets. This again can lead to losing focus, losing track of what you want which will inevitably lead to failure. If you are reminded of them every day, you become more driven, wanting to achieve them more, focused on the success of your business.

Your plans needn't be detailed to begin with, just give yourself some idea of where you want to be in say 12 months time. How many sales per month, how many subscribers etc. Don't just plan where you want your business to be either, plan where you want to be personally. Do you want a new car, do you want to go on holiday, do you want to be going out for a meal once a month, anything that you are not doing now that you want to do. Put a value on these goals so you now exactly how much you need to grow your business

in order to achieve them. It doesn't even matter if your plans need adapting in the future. As the business grows, so do your expectations and your goals. It is only natural.

Once you have a 12 month plan, this can then be broken down into a 6 monthly plan, then a 3 month plan, a month plan and then into weekly plans. The weekly plan can then be broken into daily tasks, each task contributing to the end goal. Once you have a plan set out on how to achieve your goals, you are more likely to succeed.

Alex Jeffreys has a very good acronym, KOTOBOT, Keep On Top Of Being On Top, basically, never lose focus of your plans, goals and what you want to achieve. Always make sure you are on top of your business, without a plan, your business will quickly be on top of you leading it to eventually suffocate.

Don't put it off, take action and start your business today the right way by starting off with the correct mindset by creating your own plan.

Read more: http://www.articlesbase.com/ecommerce-articles/why-many-online-entrepreneurs-plan-to-fail-2779897.html#ixzz0sqsfQa8R

Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

by: Simon Croft
Beat Unemplyoment! Learn How To Make Money Online The Best Make Money Online Strategy For Newbies How To Make Money Online - Tips For Beginners Watch Southern Miss. Golden Eagles vs Tulane Green Wave in Live HD Online Forex Trading Secret - The Secrets of the Millionaire Super Traders You Need to Learn to Win! Make Money Online Tips For Newbies Take Control Of Your Financial Future And Learn How To Make Money Online Benefits Of Purchasing Contact Lenses Online foot-ball online betting win foot-ball online betting The Currencies Of Trade Website Design Packages To Build Online Incredible Image Information On Indian Astrology Now Gets A Better Depth Through Online Approach
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.146.221.52) / Processed in 0.012386 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 26 , 3489, 973,