Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Why Jesus wasn't born on Christmas
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Why Jesus wasn't born on Christmas

Professor Michael Wilkins once entered his classroom and shouted, "I am the king!" He then asked his students what they first thought of when he made his proclamation.

One mentioned King Arthur, another thought of Elvis. A third said they thought of the infamous "king of the world" scene from Titanic. A girl in the back of the room said she pictured the lion from the Wizard of Oz who longed to be king of the forest.

And while a king may not be our first thought at Christmas, when it comes to the first century it seems the people couldn't stop thinking about one. After seeing some miracles of Jesus we are told the people, "intended to come and make him king by force" (John 6).Why Jesus wasn't born on Christmas

Later at his trial some of the same people would turn on him and shout, "Take him away! Crucify him! We have no king but Caesar" (John 19).

And while December is when the birth of Christ is celebrated, few historians would suggest that fateful night in Bethlehem took place at this time of year.

Instead throughout the gospels a number of clues are given that paint the events of Jesus' life around the Jewish feasts. As Marvin Rosenthal shares a feast means an "appointed time."

For instance, we know that Jesus was crucified on Passover and that he was resurrected during the Feast of Firstfruits. His baptism most likely coincided with Yom Kippur, and a large part of his recorded teaching took place during the Feast of Tabernacles.

And while there are seven major feasts recorded in the Hebrew scripture, another holds particular import for this discussion, that of Rosh Hashanah, the beginning of the Jewish New Year.

Taking place around September and also known as the Feast of Trumpets, it was during this time that trumpets were sounded to announce the inauguration of a new king.

With all the feasts shadowing the life of the Messiah and scholarship pointing to the birth of Jesus taking place in September, we can see his entrance into humanity coincided with the Feast of Trumpets, his birth marking the coming of the King.

So as the celebration of Christmas begins, perhaps each of us can ponder what comes to mind when we think of a king and consider who sits on the throne of our life. As Christina Rossetti memorably wrote:

What can I give him, poor as I am?

If I were a shepherd, I would bring him a lamb,

If I were a wise man, I would do my part;

Yet what can I give him? Give him my heart.
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Vita Halloween Cosplay Costume Rain Water Tanks are very popular in Australia Explore the Famous Attractions of the Country with India Travel Packages Another Day in Paradise American Goldfinch, Attracting and Feeding this Good Hen Travelling And Leisure Harare Tourist Information! Attractions & Things to do Krakow - The Sort Of Travel Destination That Keeps You Active Make a Journey as Royal Kingdom with Rajasthan Tour Tulare California Day Trip To Sequoia Cheap Hotels for Budget Travelers! Day Trips From Delano California French Holidays
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.133.159.224) / Processed in 0.012985 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 30 , 2595, 954,