Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Whiplash Injuries In Ontario: An Ottawa Lawyer's Overview
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Whiplash Injuries In Ontario: An Ottawa Lawyer's Overview

Whiplash Injuries In Ontario: An Ottawa Lawyer's Overview

Whiplash is a neck injury that is frequently a result of motor vehicle accidents

. When your car is struck from the side or the rear, that causes a sudden strain for the muscles in your neck - leading to the neck tissue injuries we refer to as "whiplash."

In Ontario, there are two types of whiplash that are recognized as "minor injuries" by the Ontario government and by insurance companies: Grade I whiplash injuries resulting in tenderness of the neck muscles, and Grade II whiplash injuries which result in limited movement of the neck. Grade III whiplash injuries cause neurological issues, and these are not considered minor injuries.

As a personal injury lawyer, I often meet with people who have questions about their whiplash injuries. Here are some of the most common:

1. Is whiplash serious enough for me to see a doctor?Whiplash Injuries In Ontario: An Ottawa Lawyer's Overview

Yes - and you should see one as soon as possible. Even if your case of whiplash seems insignificant, any whiplash case can eventually become complicated and lead to conditions such as cervical spondylosis (narrowing of the spinal canal). Seeing a doctor early is the best way to determine the specifics of your injury and ensure your recovery.

2. If I have received a whiplash injury, can I get compensation from my insurance company?

If you have been hurt with a whiplash injury in an Ontario accident, you are entitled to Statutory Accident Benefits of up to $3,500 to assist with your recovery. If another driver was at fault for the accident, you may also be able to receive compensation from him or her through legal action. Make sure that before you pursue either of these options, you speak with a personal injury lawyer about your injury situation.

3. Do I really need a personal injury lawyer to handle my Ontario whiplash claim?

This decision is yours to make, and it can depend on the severity of your whiplash injury. Since many whiplash injuries are considered "minor" and only eligible for benefits up to $3,500, you may decide that you would get more value out of making your claim independently. However, many personal injury firms (mine included) offer a free consultation meeting - you have nothing to lose by asking a lawyer about whether your case could use representation.

Knowing the facts around whiplash is important, as it is a very common vehicle accident injury, and it could happen to you. If you have a whiplash injury already, don't rely on articles and reading alone - get the best information on your injury from an experienced Ontario lawyer.

by: Brenda Hollingsworth and Richard Auger
Why Car insurance Singapore stands out? Brain Injury Lawyer At Help To Patients In Brain Injuries Alarming Facts About A Claim For Whiplash Shortly After You've Been Seriously Injured Being An Auto Sales Manager Is A Gift Fine the Perfect Auto Service Company! Using the Auto Bidder Feature in Penny Auctions Dependable Auto Shippers - Ways To Use To Find Them Motor Car Insurance Singapore Is Essential Industry predicts manifold growth for Indian auto components industry Pennsylvania Auto Liability Insurance Pennsylvania Auto Insurance Coverage Requirements Basic Pennsylvania Auto Insurance Pennsylvania Auto Insurance Basics
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.226.96.61) Tehran / Tehran Processed in 0.010854 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 20 , 2656, 952,
Whiplash Injuries In Ontario: An Ottawa Lawyer's Overview Tehran