Insurances.net
insurances.net » Global Economy » When Talking About The Economy Can Be Rude
Home Business Small Business Wholesale Business Business agency Global Economy
]

When Talking About The Economy Can Be Rude

Owning a recruiting firm, I do know that the economy and subsequent hiring is picking up

. People do have more opportunities than they did a year from today, though it is not best to speak about it sometimes. I know a lot of great sales and marketing people out of work and, in all honesty, the economy is still not good. I used to try and be an idealist and think that the media does not control our ideas and our actions, but they do. The unemployment rate is still (as of April) 9.5%. That means, if you were to walk into a room of 10, one person who is actively looking for a job, is unemployed.

However, the media continues to tell us how great everything is and people listen. Then, the media can throw a curveball and inform us that the world is ending in Europe and the stock market crashes. When it comes to hiring, don't always listen to the media. After all, 9.5% (April unemployment estimates) is huge and some of the best people are out of work. It is quite funny how we live and feed off of the media. The media says it's time to hire, so we do. However, two years ago, they were the ones (in conjunction with some bank failures) who told us not to hire because the world was coming to an end. Though, even in hiring, it is never the media who takes the first action. It is the companies which are brave enough not to listen to the ramblings of the media. These were the first firms which set out and said we are going to hire, there is faith in this country and we need good employees. They are the reason why we, as a nation, are moving forward. The beginning of this employment increase was not from the media. Although, the media has been positive about moving employment forward (that is one thing I can commend them on), however they can turn their backs in a moment's notice.

Getting back to the main subject, once you gain employment, it is not always best to be so out spoken about it. After all, how would you feel if you were spending tireless hours trying to get a good job and people left and right, in a roundabout way, were insinuating that you should be employed? In public, because I own a recruiting firm, people always ask me how the job market is doing. They expect a glowing answer from me, and that is what they should get because it is the truth. However, they get a smile and a brief answer that it is picking up. Bragging is not worth hurting somebody's confidence.

by: kas ksundheim
Global Trend of CD Jacket Printing Vacation Rental Advice For Couples From Global Exchange Vacation Club Purchasing Your Spa The Smart Way French Cinema Goes Global Research Report on Global and Chinese Solar Cell Industries, 2010-2011 Amega Global As A Home Business Findire Property Investment Opportunities Are Available In All Global Cities Global Led Chips Market Exhibits A Strong Growth Potential Finding a Reliable Drop Shipping Company A Better Approach with Purchasing Departments The Bernake Effect: Stimulating The Economy Things To Consider When Purchasing A Commercial Microwave Oven How To Overcome Global Warming Effects
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.191.101.167) Mato Grosso do Sul / Campo Grande Processed in 0.025770 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 6 , 2478, 465,
When Talking About The Economy Can Be Rude Campo Grande