Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » When Should I Notify My Insurance Company And What Should I Tell Them?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

When Should I Notify My Insurance Company And What Should I Tell Them?

When Should I Notify My Insurance Company And What Should I Tell Them?

You pay premiums for insurance company to protect you from the financial burden and loss of an incident

. Most insurance policies have a clause that states you must notify the company of all accidents within a period of time mentioned in the policy terms. But failure to follow their reporting guidelines the policy might allow that insurance company to deny your claim based upon late reporting.

Even if it is a small accident with no injuries, you need to notify your insurance company for claim since there are several coverages on your insurance policy that you may want to use. It's usually best to let the insurance company take care of any accident claims. Many automobile insurance policies provide personal injury protection benefits which can serve to pay medical expenses you deserve.

If you believe there is any chance that you may need to defend, or pay something on the claim, you should notify the insurance company immediately. Notify your insurance company the date, time, and location of the collision and a brief description of how the collision took place. The insurance company may suspect instantly about you if you wait more than a month to notify after your loss. In such case, you should expect to receive one of two forms from the insurance company before they begin their investigation of the loss.

Hence any accident where the damage to the vehicles is significant must be first reported to the police, who check where there is damage to property and any accident where someone is injured and provide police report required by insurance company. And if a police report is completed then, you can notify your insurance company.

Many insurance policies have a telephone number listed for reporting a claim. Make a journal about your claim date, time, to whom you spoke regarding the claim, the phone number you called, and what was said when you reported your claim, since this information could be very valuable later if you have problems with your claim. Then youll receive a claim number from the company when you report the loss note this number.

In notifying insurance company agents are very helpful by making calls on your behalf if youre having problems in your claim as they have key names and phone numbers for insurance company personnel that are handling your claim and ask the agent to send you a copy of the completed form.

The essential things you need to tell your insurance company are:

* When you are reporting insurance company about your claim, tell any injury or property damage.

* Be very specific about the damaged caused to you or your vehicle during the incident and make a note of both vehicle and non-vehicle damages.

* Even pictures of the damaged property and vehicles can also help you to give proof to your insurance company about the extent of damage.

* Be honest about the extent of your injuries, get a doctor's letter to verify your health condition. Make sure to provide all information that a medical professional has provided related to your injury.

* Be as specific and detailed as possible about the incident so that the insurance company can easily verify facts found in the police report.

Even if you have delayed before filing a notice of claim, the insurance company may have to honor your claim unless the claim was reported so late that it prejudiced the insurance companys ability to investigate the claim.

by: JStephen
Tips And Advice On Reclaiming Your Payment Protection Insurance Northwooduk - Lamdlord Building Insurance How To Get Free Online Insurance Quote? Title Insurance Outsourcing Information - Explaining Three Policy Coverage Types And Other Facts Insurance And Roof Replacement Expenses The Basic Features Of Special Event Insurance Uninsured And Under Insured Motorist Insurance Pays Extra Money The Best Assistance You Can Get With Wedding Planners Los Angeles We Are Offering The Beneficial Motor Trade Insurance Policy To The Traders Motor Trade Insurance Policy Is Suitable For The Business How The Negotiation Process Works With Insurance Company How You Can Get Support In Seeking Social Security Disability Insurance Stobart Lorry Group To Drive New Insurance Brokerage
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.189.180.244) Sao Paulo / Pirapozinho Processed in 0.013426 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 26 , 3530, 975,
When Should I Notify My Insurance Company And What Should I Tell Them? Pirapozinho