Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » What goes into Determining my Auto Premium?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

What goes into Determining my Auto Premium?

Insurance companies consider many factors before they provide you with an auto insurance quote. Here is some of the basic information that goes into compiling your auto quote:

Age: Insurance companies like older more experienced drivers. According to the CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention), 16 to 19 years olds are four times more likely than older drivers to be involved in a car crash. Premiums tend to decrease as the young driver ages.

Type of Car: Brand new, expensive, fast cars are more expensive to insure than older, slower cars. Check to see if the car you're interested in insuring is a high risk car, meaning that it is often stolen or vandalized. For instance, in 2004, the 1995 Honda Civic was the most stolen car in the US according to a report released in November 2005 by the National Insurance Crime Bureau. Discuss this with your insurance agent before you select a car. The cost of insuring it might determine how much car you can afford.

Driving Record: Clean driving record is important to getting a lower rate. If you do have a violation, attend a driver's education class. This may help to reduce your rate. Some insurance companies will not insure drivers with very poor driving records.

Credit Score: Yes, that's right. Credit score. Your credit score is also used when securing insurance. It is called an insurance score. Studies indicate that the way a person manages their finances is a good predictor of the potential for insurance claims, therefore they charge a premium in accordance with the risk they are assuming. According to statistics, people with lower insurance scores are more likely to file claims.

Deductibles: The higher the deductible, the more you save in premium. Go as high as you can afford.

Underwriting guidelines vary slightly from company to company, so get more than one automobile quote and compare.
What's the best way to reduce workplace injuries? Chevrolet Silverado – Best Pickup Trucks For Sale In Georgia Car Auto Salvage Yard How To Get The Cheapest Car Insurance Malaysia's Auto Service Cheap Vehicle Insurance Rates: Do Not Forget These Four Tips Find How Your Auto Insurance Agent Gets You The Best Auto Insurance Rate Vehicle Insurance Quotes To Help Your Decision Tata AIG introduces Car Insurance Portfolio to HNI's It Is Easy To Get Car Insurance On Line Even If You Are A Senior Indian Auto Market magnets five auto majors to invest in India Beijing Automotive Industry School Tips: Maneuvers Behind Detailed Accounts - Beiqi, Restructuring, Car Insurance For Young Drivers
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(34.204.99.254) / Processed in 0.010563 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 2006, 952,