Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » What Exactly Is Yin Yoga?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

What Exactly Is Yin Yoga?

Have you heard of Yin Yoga? The truth is, I've never heard about the word until around 3 days ago

. I've been attending yoga classes in our nearby yoga studios for nearly 8 months and I've heard that they were commencing a different class - The yoga class. So I conducted a bit of investigation and here's what I learned.

So what is Yin Yoga?

This style of yoga is created specifically to extend the tissues around your joints. You must keep the position for several minutes to ensure that the tissues to be extended to its whole length.

A little bit of background The most active advocate of Yin Yoga is a man named Paul Grilley. Grilley has two main teachers or mentors that inspired the way he looked at yoga. The first one was Paulie Zink who's a Taoist yoga teacher and was also a martial arts expert. The next one would be Dr. Motoyama, a Japanese national who believes in Nadis (in the Yoga scene) or Meridians (the term which is often used in chinese medicine) - they both truly refer to the same thing. His analysis concentrates on the vitality channels that are concealed inside the body and how each tissue within our body supports the key in releasing this vitality.

It has been said that many of those who try to Yin Yoga grow to be awkward of retaining a position for very long periods, that is perfectly normal. Actually, even professionals have a similar issue. Paul Grilley has researched advanced asana yet still admitted to becoming very uncomfortable throughout the study of his Yin Yoga at first. However, this particular type of yoga addresses that problem my centering on the tissues as opposed to the traditional type of yoga where they pay attention to muscles.

So, why pick yin? Have you heard of yin and yang? Well, they are usually called the balance of life or perhaps the natural world. They symbolize the duality and interdependency of everything around us. Yang refers to things that are dynamic, things that always move around or transform constantly. However yin, are things that still, settled and calm.

The majority of the yoga styles which can be developed in most western countries are more focused on building and stretching out muscles - muscles are yang, while yin is centered on the ligaments, the tendons and also the joints. There are a few joints which aren't designed for stretching just like the joints in the knees and as well as the ankles - they are quickly overstretched and are quite vulnerable - there are also joints such as the pelvis, hips as well as the lower spine which are naturally stiffer. The above mentioned joints are the ones that yin yoga mainly works on.

There are several Yin Yoga poses and the majority of them mirror standard poses but they have distinct names in order to create a distinction between them, so:

- Cobbler's pose is renamed to the butterfly

- Plow pose is renamed to the snail

- Pigeon pose is renamed to the sleeping swan

Exciting isn't it? Well, ask your yoga studio about Yin Yoga and get moving!

by: Summer Mendies
Los Angeles Or Las Vegas - Which One Takes The Cake Essential Tips From A Leading Appliance Repair In Las Vegas Seeking Professional Wedding Photographers Sydney: Check Out These Kind Of Means Pertaining To Acqui Wonderful Chanel Handbags Show Your Beauty How Web Development in Australia has Fared Over the Years? Dennis Gartman Is A Trading Master Genuine Natural Resources for Weight loss Your Housing Options In Boston Paradise Punta Cana Top Rated Trip Directories Villas Packages Gastronomical Treats Plus Wonders Beautiful Flowers Of Ireland Flower Wholesalers Beauty Of India Mobile Wireless Network Threats And Risks Notice The Price Point When You Decide To Buy A Watch.
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.144.172.115) / Processed in 0.011655 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 24 , 3171, 975,