Insurances.net
insurances.net » Pet Insurance » What Does Peter Drucker Say?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

What Does Peter Drucker Say?

Words are the most powerful drug known to mankind

, or so believed Oscar Wilde. However, if that statement is true; Peter Drucker was perhaps one of the greatest addicts. Peter Drucker, as we know him, was the single most important business guru of this era, although he hated being called a guru. This Austrian coined the terms knowledge workers and management by objectives. I believe and I might be wrong; but his ability to clearly define corporations and businesses into sub-specifics, gave birth to the discipline of post-war business management. So, yes I have reason to believe that Peter Drucker was also a linguist.

Drucker proposed a distinction between the two terms leadership and management. He argued, that management was singularly focused on doing things right, while leadership was solely responsible for doing THE right things. Now, I must confess, if the McKinsey Quarterly states that there is no debate that Peter Drucker was the one guru to whom other management gurus kowtow (Kowtow is a Japanese term for kneeling as an act of deep respect); we should delve a little deeper in to Peters world (or rather word). Unfortunately, he died a few years ago.

However, there is a huge treasure trove of information he left behind, including numerous books and some fine students. Drucker was asked to define his biggest strength, and he quipped back, to be ignorant and ask a few questions. However, he did think that computers were morons. Economically speaking though, Drucker was of the opinion that the scarcest resource was in fact time, and it needed to be managed before anything else. Knowledge is power and it controls access to success. Therefore, the best way to predict the future is to create it; but how? Let us ask Drucker. Knowledge has to be improved, challenged, and increased constantly, or it vanishes, he says.

But, he also contradicts himself like most great men, and believes that management cannot be taught. So, what is he talking about? Leadership! Drucker argues a case for improving leadership. Knowledge has to be improved, notions and ideas have to be challenged, or else the knowledge vanishes. Leadership and learning are inseparable. Leadership is a process of authority and the nature of authority is such that it cannot be demanded; but can only be earned, much like respect. In other words authority and respect are the two sides of the same coin. And, the possessor of the coin is the proverbial leader. What Does Peter Drucker Say?

The term leadership itself can be broken into two further terms: leader and ship. There is an obvious implication here, the leader of the ship, is the first to act and the last to leave the ship at the end of each journey or in the case of an emergency. It is also believed that the truest criterion for judging leadership is a crisis.

Drucker categorically stated that successful leaders do not start their day by asking "What do I want to do?" They ask, "What needs to be done?" Then they ask, "Of those things that would make a difference, which are right for me?" They do not undertake things that they are not good at; they hire instead. The successful leaders are not know-it-all and do-it-all geniuses; they lead and delegate. Andrew Carnegie wanted his tombstone to say, "Here lies a man who knew how to put into his service more able men than he was himself."

by: Anna Williams
Elevated Dog Cots For Large Dogs Choosing The Best Toy For Your Dog Expert Views On Dog Containment Acme Disys Leading Pet Preform Mold Manufacturing Industry From The Front Sashas Blend - Best Gift You Can Give To Your Pet Large Mastiff Dog Cots Dog Behavior Tips You Can Use For Your Dog Is The Barking Dog Collar A Compassionate Tool? Elevated Large Dog Beds Choosing A Great Remote Dog Training Collar Socialize Your Dog By The Dog Training Collar Make Your Dog Look Good By Proper Grooming Eight Foot Wide Pet Gates
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.19.31.73) / Processed in 0.013939 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 3529, 969,