Insurances.net
insurances.net » Buying Insurance » What Are Things to Watch Out For If I Buy a Timeshare? The Five Things You Need to Know
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

What Are Things to Watch Out For If I Buy a Timeshare? The Five Things You Need to Know

What Are Things to Watch Out For If I Buy a Timeshare? The Five Things You Need to Know

What Are Things to Watch Out For If I Buy a Timeshare

? The Five Things You Need to Know

The smart traveler who's looking at timeshares is probably asking, "what are things to watch out for if I buy a timeshare?"

You've probably heard some of the timeshare horror stories people have shared with you over the years. It's a smart move on your part to know what things to watch out for if you're contemplating buying into one.

First of all, if you don't like staying at luxury resorts, then you probably don't want to be looking at a timeshare at all since most of them cater to these types of accommodations.What Are Things to Watch Out For If I Buy a Timeshare? The Five Things You Need to Know

Second, you must be able to travel one week a year. If you're not able to do this then a timeshare is just not worth the cost since what you're buying is "time" at a resort. If you can't get the time or find the time to take a vacation, then a timeshare is something that shouldn't even be on your list to buy.

What are things to watch out for if I buy a timeshare? Here are the five things to consider:

Know Your Costs - Before attending a timeshare presentation make sure you do add up how much you typically spend on your vacations. You'll want to add up the costs of the food you buy and the costs of your accommodations. Take into consideration all the people you vacation with that you usually end up paying for.

You must know this figure before you go to the timeshare presentation. Remember once you enter the presentation, you're on their turf and at their mercy...arm yourself with knowledge so you can put yourself at an advantage.

Keep Your Wallet Away - If you usually give in easily at sales presentations, keep your wallet with your credit cards or checkbook at home. This way you won't make a knee-jerk decision and buy a timeshare before you're truly ready to buy one.

Be Aware of Twisted Words to Confuse You - Salespeople will twist words around to make you think that a timeshare is an investment...it is not an investment. A timeshare or any other type of travel program is solely designed to save you money when you vacation, not make you money.

If you get a salesperson pulling the "investment" line on you then this is your cue to walk out with your dignity and wallet intact. Don't let them underestimate your intelligence.

Is the Timeshare Worth It's Price to You? - You know you want cheap family vacations, but are you able to take enough vacations to make the timeshare worth its price? For most families the answer is going to be "no". Don't put your family in financial distress just to take a vacation...especially when you don't have to.

Avoid Saying "I Can Afford This" When Given the Basic Price - Beware of the entry level timeshare price the salesperson tells you. The timeshare salespeople will quote you a basic membership level that will leave you thinking, I can afford this.

What they fail to tell you immediately is that this basic level does not allow you to vacation at prime destinations at optimum times of the year.

If you want the better vacations (and who doesn't), then you'll have to upgrade to a higher package or buy more points. This then raises the price of the timeshare by thousands of dollars right before your eyes.

Make sure you add up the total cost of the timeshare including any extra points or packages you'll likely end up buying along with the yearly maintenance fees that you must pay every year.

This is the true cost of the timeshare. Compare this figure to what you typically spend on vacations. Ask yourself if this timeshare purchase makes financial sense or financial suicide...and then give an honest answer.

Overall timeshares do provide a need for travelers who love to vacation at luxury resorts. Timeshares do make sense for some people, but not for most people.

Lastly, if you're truly interested in saving money on your vacations, consider joining a non-equity travel club. This kind of travel club allows access to some of the same resort properties that timeshare owners enjoy but at a fraction of the cost.

What are things to watch out for if I buy a timeshare? Now you know the answer.
Efficient Options to Buy Euro Millions Ticket Buy Euro Millions Ticket Using a Method of Your Convenience All You Need To Know Before You Buy Aldara Earn more on deposits - Pay higher EMIs What makes Aveo Chevrolet a smart buy? Don't Buy FastSize Until You Read This Special Report Buy Vimax Volume to Increase You Semen Volume Get Online Shopping Deals Online Shopping - Some of the Benefits and Disadvantages Be Different From Your Neighbors – Buy Unique Candle Holders Online Shopping: Save and Secured What to Think About When Shopping Online - Adult Stores Safe Shopping online Tips
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.17.203.68) / Processed in 0.013259 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 38 , 4370, 962,