Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Westwood Will Not Join the Next Year US Tour
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Westwood Will Not Join the Next Year US Tour

A week that began with Lee Westwood becoming a Ryder Cup winner for the fifth time

in seven matches will end with him deposing Tiger Woods if he can finish first or second at the Dunhill Links Championship.

But, whether he achieves that goal or not, the 37-year-old from Worksop is putting family first and turning his back on the fortunes on offer in America.

One of nine Ryder Cup heroes playing this week - captain Colin Montgomerie is also in the field - Westwood said: "The FedEx Cup sits right in the middle of the kids' summer holidays and I like going on holiday with them.

It was a conversation with manager Andrew "Chubby" Chandler that settled things in his mind.

Ending the latest five-year reign of Woods would be a remarkable achievement for Westwood, who reached fourth in the rankings nine years ago but then slumped outside the top 250 and feared there might be no way back.

It reached its nadir with rounds of 81 and 79 for 136th place in the 2003 Portuguese Open.

"If somebody had said then that I was going to have a chance to go to number one I would have treated it with a fair amount of scepticism," he added.

The last European to be number one was Nick Faldo in 1994 and Westwood would join Ian Woosnam, Fred Couples and David Duval in achieving it without winning a major.

They all went on to do so - in Woosnam's case just a week later at The Masters - and after coming third in the last two majors of last season, runner-up at Augusta in April and second again at The Open in July, Westwood is hoping his turn will come.

He decided not to play a practice round on Wednesday in order to get more rest after his exertions at Celtic Manor - and the celebrations that followed, of course.

He does remember, though, losing to Mickelson - Amy, not Phil - at table tennis.

"Mentally it's quite hard to refocus after such a big week," he added. "Physically it's very demanding, but I suppose I was slightly helped out by the fact that it was drawn out over four days and it was only four rounds (rather than the usual five)."

The ranking system is such that if he took the next fortnight off - he defends the Portugal Masters next week - he would automatically dethrone Woods.

Hot golf clubs - ping rapture v2 irons for sale.

By: sylvia
Bus to Pune Offers Hassle Free Travel to Pune What is the color of this Autumn A South African Christmas Choose festival willies as special pair of shoes Choose Perfect Gift Hampers This Christmas Season About Dussehra Festival Experience comfort by holidaying at St Augustine vacation homes! Luxury Train Tours in India: Royal Culture in Royal Comforts Halloween fancy dress costumes from cheapestfancydress.co.uk Thrifty Car Rental - Tripling Your Financial savings Eggnog Snickerdoodles | Christmas cookie ideas To Be More Personalized,Buy the Links of London Charms Make a scared tour to India Buddhist Destinations
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.21.244.137) / Processed in 0.012218 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 30 , 2719, 954,