Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » Weight Loss Aids: Fact Or Fiction?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Weight Loss Aids: Fact Or Fiction?

I can't surf the web or check my e-mail without being bombarded by ads about the latest weight loss aids

. There are so many crash diets, special supplements, and magical techniques splashed on the top and sides of each page, and it's hard to know what claims actually have any legitimacy.

Believe it or not, there are some weight loss helps that really will boost your efforts, but it can be difficult to sort through them all. Let me shed some light on a few of the more popular supplements so that you can make a more informed decision.

However, before I begin, let me caution you that you should always talk to your doctor about supplements you are taking, particularly because they can interfere with any medical conditions you might have.

Supplements containing hoodia. Fact--but with a stipulation. Hoodia is a natural appetite suppressant and is used by the peoples of Namibia as a survival tool. However, weight loss pills containing hoodia are often full of other chemicals and stimulants, such as caffeine. Caffeine is a diuretic, meaning it increases levels of urination, which can dehydrate you if you're not careful.

In the last year or so, taking supplements containing extracts from the Brazilian fruit called acai (pronounced ah-sigh-EE) have been hailed as the veritable miracle weight loss method. Fact or fiction?

Fact--again with stipulations. As time passes, a buildup forms within your colon, which can add unknown extra pounds, especially in middle-aged and older people. Acai is a natural colon cleanser, which means it loosens and helps you pass this buildup.

However, acai does nothing to eliminate fat or burn extra calories. What's more, while pills containing acai powder or extract may give you the vitamins and antioxidants found in the fruit, they may not give you the full benefit. It may be better to specially purchase acai pulp from an ethnic store or through the web.

HCG, the abbreviation for Human Chorionic Gonadotropin, is a hormone produced by a woman's body during pregnancy. It has been recently promoted as a safe, medical way to induce increased weight loss in those on a reduced-calorie diet. Fact or fiction? Fact!

Leading research suggests that hCG leads to increased fat loss rather than a decrease in muscle mass, which is the ideal for every dieter. Beware of hCG products that are diluted, as some of them contain so little hCG that it will make no difference whatsoever.

Remember what I said earlier--that it is vital that you discuss your plans and hopes for weight loss with your doctor. He or she will be able to give you more extensive advice and find what's right for you.

by: Art Gib
Save Time and Money Using Patient Portal Is Family In Dire Need Of A Water Purifying System? Wedding Speeches for the Father Making Your Maternity Wardrobe Work For You by:Charlotte Bleasdale How To Make Bagia Za Dengu In A Kenyan Style Ways to Last Longer In Bed for Men – Easy Methods to Practice Strategies for How to Save a Marriage in Crisis Paranormal Activity 2 – designed to spook without assault Buffalo Limo For Sightseeing Tours Strategic Repositioning - Vasathi Housing Why Buy Liability Insurance? Graphic Web Design Firm: How To Avail Services From It For Your Benefit? Reasons To Buy A Casio Watch
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.222.107.253) Noord-Holland / Amsterdam Processed in 0.012612 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 20 , 2781, 975,
Weight Loss Aids: Fact Or Fiction? Amsterdam