Insurances.net
insurances.net » Dental Insurance » Walnut Creek Dentist Answers Your Dental Questions About Your Teeth & Gums
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Walnut Creek Dentist Answers Your Dental Questions About Your Teeth & Gums

Walnut Creek Dentist Answers Your Dental Questions About Your Teeth & Gums

Your questions about your teeth and gums (most frequently asked q's):

Q My dentist has talked to me about not flossing regularly. How can he tell?

A Most dentists and hygienists can tell youre not flossing by the number of cavities you haveparticularly in areas where teeth meetand by irritated, bleeding gums.

Q Ive always taken antibiotics before having a dental procedure, so why am I now told its not necessary?

A For many years, it was believed that antibiotics would prevent infective endocarditis (IE), a dangerous infection of the hearts lining or valves. People were believed to be at greater risk for IE if they have a condition such as mitral valve prolapse or rheumatic heart disease. However, studies have shown that antibiotics and antibiotic resistance are the greater concerns for people with these conditions. Antibiotics should still be taken by people with specific serious cardiac issues, including: a history of having had IE, artificial heart valves, a number of congenital heart conditions and some cardiac transplant patients.

Q Im told I need oral surgery because I have gum disease. Is this painful?

A Oral surgery is commonly used to treat people who have receding gums due to disease or age. In most likelihood, your oral surgeon will graft tissue from the roof of your mouth onto your gums. If a small amount of tissue is involved, local anesthesia will keep you comfortable. If the grafts are larger, your oral surgeon may use general anesthesia or local anesthesia combined with sedation.

Q Should adults get dental sealants?

A Absolutely. Sealants, plastic material bonded to the crevasses of your back teeth, protect adults and children from harmful bacteria and enamel-destroying acids.

Q Is it true that chewing gum can be good for your teeth and gums?

A Yes, clinical studies have shown that chewing sugarless gum for 20 minutes after eating can reduce tooth decay. Some brands have ingredients that strengthen tooth enamel, too. Look for gum that has the ADA seal of approval.
Top Cosmetic Dentist Of San Antonio Tx - Gives Advice On Beautiful Smiles Dog Teeth Cleaning Gel: Salmon or Mint? Walnut Creek Dentist: Know The Key Part Of Your Dental Team? dental insurance Florida Taking care of your teeth to maintain that "platinum smile" How to Choose the Perfect Kent Dentist Want Teeth Whitening? Here's What You Need To Know! Reasons A Sedation Dentist Is The Best Choice For Many People Bring a Smile on Your Face with Dentists in Delhi Fix Your Teeth to Look Good Cosmetic Dentistry Is More Than White Teeth Dentistry Is Confusing Pain and the Dentist
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.223.171.12) Hovedstaden / Copenhagen Processed in 0.004905 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 2213, 964,
Walnut Creek Dentist Answers Your Dental Questions About Your Teeth & Gums Copenhagen