Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Using Lures For Spring Trout.
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Using Lures For Spring Trout.

Using Lures For Spring Trout.

In Michigan where I live the 4th Saturday in April marks opening day of trout season.This

is a good time of year because it is early spring and this offers some of best trout fishing you will every experience. You can fish for Brown Trout by trolling the shallow water near shore in Lake Michigan using lures such as spoons or body baits. You can also fish for steelhead trout in the many river lakes and streams in Michigan. Steelhead are Rainbow Trout that live lakes and go upstream in the spring to spawn.

Then in the early spring Migratory Rainbow Trout that run up the rivers to spawn these fish are called steelhead. These Steelhead are very strong fighters that will run hard and jump high. You hook one of these and you will know that you have a fight on your hands, also 10 to 15 pound fish are not uncommon. These fish will take spinners, spoons, spawn or tied spawn sacks and also wigglers. Once in awhile you can tie into a good Brown Trout. Try it, You might just like it. They make good table fare also.

I fish the Pere Marquette river for these Steelhead in the spring. This is a flies only stretch near Baldwin Michigan and also it is a no kill section. This fishing is strictly for sport and diehard fly fishermen and women. I also live about a half a mile from the Pentwater River and have caught many Steelhead using spawn, spinners, wigglers, flies and at times a florescent orange flatfish. There are a lot of small streams in Michigan that I have fished in the spring that are excellent for Browns, Rainbows, an every once in awhile a Brook Trout.

There are other streams that I have fished in the spring such as the Sturgeon River in northern Michigan. It has a spring spawning run coming out of Burt Lake that is very impressive. I have done very well on that river. I also have fished the East Branch of the Augres River. I can remember one year my son and I fished the east branch and that year fishing was hard the river was high and muddy. So nobody was doing any good. I normally use a number 2 Mepphs silver blade spinner. Well to make a long story short my son had lost my last Mepphs spinner so I gave him a funny looking spinner that I had acquired some time ago . It was all black with what fishermen call a buck tail on the hook. Well that day that was the secret lure , because from the minute he made his frist cast with that black lure all I did the rest of the afternoon was net steelhead trout.Using Lures For Spring Trout.

The last hole my son fished that afternoon was just up stream from where the car was parked and I remember seeing this gentlemen fishing this hole early in the morning . Well he was still there and so my so could not fish the deep end of the hole so he decided to fish the trailing end just below the spot that this other fishermen was fishing. On his first cast he caught a nice steelhead weighting 6lbs. After he put that fish on the stringer he wadded back out into the river to the same spot he was before and made another cast and hooked an even bigger steelhead and I had to follow that fish down stream to net it because it took off downstream and would not come back. After I netted that nice fish I looked up and saw that fishermen pack up his gear and leave with out catching a single fish all day.

When the weather starts to warm in the spring and you have had enough of winter grab your fishing gear and try fishing for steelhead or brown trout. Try some of the tips I offer and you may find that you can have a nice trout dinner after your trout fishing trip.

by: Eugene Killian
Comparison Of Cecb Units overnighbt trip from Sharm El Sheikh to Luxor by flight Your Guide To A Canadian Travel Insurance overnight trip from Sharm El Sheikh to Luxor by plane Cadiz, Spain A Rich Tourist Spot A Tour In Spain The Best Mens Suits For Late Summer And Early Fall The Visitors Channel Through Washington Experience the Best of Paradise in Phuket Totally London Seo: Key To Get More Visitors The Best Jobs In Travel Industry Are Just A Click Away From You! Tourists Treasure And Pleasure In Houston City College Football Week 1: Washington Huskies vs BYU Cougars Odds
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(52.15.147.20) Ohio / Columbus Processed in 0.012983 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 3594, 954,
Using Lures For Spring Trout. Columbus