Insurances.net
insurances.net » Internet Insurance » Use Your Good Credit to Consolidate Debt & Save Money by:Jennifer Tarzian
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Use Your Good Credit to Consolidate Debt & Save Money by:Jennifer Tarzian

Use Your Good Credit to Consolidate Debt & Save Money by:Jennifer Tarzian

If you are like me, you receive multiple 0% APR credit card offers on a daily basis

. Up until about a year ago, I would just throw them away. Then I wised up and saw an opportunity. Not only could I consolidate my current credit cards, I could eliminate unnecessary interest expenses.

I first transferred all outstanding balances from my high-interest credit cards (which were all of them) to my new 0% card. Now I was only making one payment a month instead of three. I then determined the average payment I would have to make each month to have it paid off at the end of the promotional period. That's the payment I made each month and it saved me a great deal of money in interest charges. At the end of the promotional period, my debt was paid off and I hadn't spent a dime in interest! The other option would have been to transfer the balance once again to a NEW 0% card at the end of the promotional period, further lowering the initial monthly payment.

I do have a few suggestions before jumping in and signing up for any 0% card. Compare all that are out there! Read the terms carefully. Is there a balance transfer fee, and if so, how much is it? Does the 0% apply to balance transfers only or to purchases as well? How long is the 0% promotional period? Know the terms well or this 0% card could cost you more than that 18% card you're already carrying in your wallet. There are a great deal of cards out there - pick the one that is the most beneficial to your needs. Best of luck!

About the author

Jennifer Tarzian holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology. Her experience includes sales, service, and managing a small corporation. She is proud to be a stay-at-home mom and enjoys spending time with her family and friends.

http://www.youngparentsmagazine.com

http://creditcards.youngparentsmagazine.com
Top 10 Reasons Home Based Businesses Fail! by:Bart Saxey Finding And Keeping Good People by:Paul Phillips I'm A Credit Card Deadbeat: You Can Be One Too! by:Stephanie Andrews Your Offline Banker does not Want You to Know the Differences between Online and Offline Banking by:David Jones Real Estate Post Card Marketing; Million Dollar Mailings by:Lanard Perry Presentation Design - Why Is "Well Done" So Rare? by:J. Douglas Jefferys Secured Loans With Low Interest and Easy Repayment Are The Best Option For Borrowers by:Steve Clark Credit Repair Myths Exposed by:Jim Eastman Consolidate And Live Debt Free by:Christopher Luck First Impressions by:Robert Nixon The Project Management Mindset by:Ryan Leibowitz How To Make a Fortune in Investments? by:Lil Waldner How to use Mind Map Tool for making Great Presentations by:Dr V J Mariaraj
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.222.96.135) Noord-Holland / Amsterdam Processed in 0.005227 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 2031, 973,
Use Your Good Credit to Consolidate Debt & Save Money by:Jennifer Tarzian Amsterdam