Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » U.s. Open Tennis Tickets - American Netters Need To Rally For U.s. Open
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

U.s. Open Tennis Tickets - American Netters Need To Rally For U.s. Open

U.s. Open Tennis Tickets - American Netters Need To Rally For U.s. Open

Names like Pete Sampras, Andre Agassi and Andy Roddick have dominated the ATP rankings for decades

, but with the fall of Roddick out of the Top 10 in August 2010, American netters aren't anywhere to be found in the Top 10 for the first time since tennis rankings were instituted 37 years ago.

Roddick's drop from No. 9 to No. 11 after his dismal third-round exit from the Legg Mason Classic in Washington in early August marked the first time in eight years that he hasn't been in the Top 10, leaving the score at love for top rankings concerning the best American men in the ATP.

Former world No. 1 Jim Courier reflected on the absence of American men in the Top 10 of the ATP rankings, saying, "What the lack of a U.S. Top-10 male this week points out to me more than anything is how lucky U.S. tennis fans have been over the years. I hope this will be a moment for American people to finally reflect on how strong and consistent Andy Roddick's career has been so far since he has largely been the lone American man in the Top 10 in recent years - with a nod to James Blake for his efforts as well."

While a few American men have dominated the ATP circuit over the last few decades, that's not to say the age of American tennis stars is waning. In fact, Roddick is still hanging on to the rankings at No. 11, and other solid players like Sam Querrey, John Isner and Mardy Fish all have strong backgrounds that are likely to come into play with the comings and goings of current dominant pros.U.s. Open Tennis Tickets - American Netters Need To Rally For U.s. Open

While Andy Roddick licks his wounds from a disappointing 6-3, 6-3 loss to Frenchman Gilles Simon during the Legg Mason Classic, he still shouldn't be counted out of contention for the upcoming U.S. Open, which kicks off during the last week in August. The Washington tournament, after all, was important, but not nearly as significant as the upcoming Grand Slam tourney.

In his own defense, Andy Roddick certainly was off his game during his recent match in Washington against Simon. "It was just a bad night. I don't have much of a defense for it and I don't think you can defend it," Roddick told CNN after the match. "I didn't feel right physically or mentally, it was just a pretty bad effort. I felt like I didn't do one thing right tonight and I honestly don't think it would have mattered who I played."

Reeling from his tough loss at the Legg Mason Classic, Roddick will come back strong for the 2010 U.S. Open, which he crashed out of early last year. Tennis fans with U.S. Open tennis tickets to the 2009 event saw fifth-ranked Roddick get booted from the tourney in the third round of play, falling to fellow American Jon Isner in an epic tie-breaking battle at Arthur Ashe Stadium that resulted in a final score of 7-6 (7-3), 6-3, 3-6, 5-7, 7-6 (7-5).

This year as Roddick struggles to regain footing at the U.S. Open, reigning champ Juan Martin del Potro of Argentina attempts to follow up his 2009 U.S. Open win with back-to-back victories. Of course, for American tennis fans who might be disappointed at the lack of American talent in the ATP right now, there are always the Williams sisters to watch on the women's side.

by: Pat Smith
Choosing The Right Halloween Costume For Your Dog Virginia Improper Driving Traffic Violation 4.1-305 Loudoun County Prince William Virginia Beach Fredericksburg How Familiar (and Unfamiliar) Holidays Can Drive Your Pr Campaign The Las Vegas Strip - A Living Icon Praia da Rocha Hotel Travel Guide Fun And Great Christmas Presents For The Youngsters Types Of Cheap Yet Cute Wholesale Halloween Costumes Wholesale Halloween Costumes - Wholesale Halloween Costumes Choices For 2010 Wholesale Halloween Costumes - Best Wholesale Halloween Costumes In 2010 Wholesale Halloween Costumes For Little Ones This Halloween London Chiropractor Shop for Vampire Costumes this Halloween Holidays In India explore Five Popular Destinations
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.222.35.21) Noord-Holland / Amsterdam Processed in 0.013280 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 16 , 3290, 954,
U.s. Open Tennis Tickets - American Netters Need To Rally For U.s. Open Amsterdam