Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Travel First Aid Kits
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Travel First Aid Kits

Travel First Aid Kits

Travel First Aid Kits

A travel first aid kit doesn't have to prepare you for every medical emergency. You want to travel light, after all. But it should have a few products that can guard against most travel related ailments.

Many products used to treat illness and injury when you travel can be found at your local drugstore, supermarket or online. Look for compact packages and bottles to keep your travel kit small and light weight. Remember if you are carrying this onto the plane, which we think you should, you must remember the restrictions for liquids, creams and gels... still you can do it. We do.

We've found that when trekking or traveling in remote areas, a travel first aid kit can even make friends as well as helping people. In Ladakh, we bandaged cuts and scrapes for several local people we camped near, including one little guy who had burned his foot stepping in the family's cooking fire. The whole village was grateful and made us most welcome.Travel First Aid Kits

The basics you should carry might include things like...

--Something for travelers diarrhea, upset stomach or heartburn. I always say I do testimonials for Pepto-Bismol. You can still carry the bottle because it is considered medicine at security, but I have gone over to the tablets.

--You also want something for travelers' constipation. We carry packets of Metamucil.

--We carry a broad spectrum antibiotic prescribed by our doctor... with directions on how to use it. We almost always end up throwing them out, but it's good to have along. We also get a copy of the prescription to carry with us. Most pharmacies around the world can fill generic prescriptions.

--Decongestants or antihistamines in case of colds or allergies.

--I always carry something for motion sickness, since I tell everyone I get seasick in the bathtub.

--A few packets of disinfecting wipes to clean cuts and scrapes.

--A small tube of antibiotic skin cream or ointment to sooth those cuts and scratches before you bandage them.

--A variety of bandages. I even throw in a small roll of gauze and a small roll of adhesive tape.

--Insect repellent if you are traveling where bugs will be a problem... especially mosquitos. It should contain an ample amount of DEET.

--And if you are going to a malaria infected area, get malaria pills... and take them as directed.

--Sunscreen almost anywhere, but especially if you will be in the tropical sun. Nothing can ruin travel like a bad sunburn!

--Aspirin or one of the other pain relievers that you can tolerate. Jet lag alone can give you a headache, and you want to enjoy your trip.Travel First Aid Kits

--And of course, take an ample supply of any prescription medications you take.

Some people will tell you to take sterile syringes especially if you are traveling to less developed countries. We had friends who took some when we went to Madagascar. It was probably a good idea, but we never needed them.... Our friends got extra security searches, and we didn't. Use your own judgment on that.

There are several suppliers of pre-packaged first aid kits. You can find them on the internet or in stores with travel supplies. If you want a really comprehensive list for your travel first aid kit, go to a site like the U.S. Center for Disease Control.

You don't want to be carrying around a full blown medical kit, but a travel first aid kit will come in handy to keep you feeling good for your whole trip.
Five Unbeatable Reasons To Buy African Mango Plus Flexible Air Freight from the UK to Lagos, Abuja, NewYork, Washington, Ghana etc Comparison of Materials of Bags Tibetan Festival Guide Best News For Golfer About Discount Golf Clubs TaylorMade Tour Burner Driver Five Fab Salsa Shoes To Watch Out this Spring 2011 Rocket French Torrent-Rocket French Review Hoi An Danang BeachDuration: 5 days Follow these when you go to a strip club Necessary qualities to become a stripper Adventure Tourism on Manali Tours Memorable Trip To India and Sri Lanka Visit Europe's Best Destinations
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.137.162.110) / Processed in 0.013371 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 40 , 3599, 954,
Travel First Aid Kits