Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Tooth Decay May Slow Childs Growth
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Tooth Decay May Slow Childs Growth

Poor dental health due to improper feeding may be a major cause of slowed growth in young children

. According to the study authors, many cases of slowed growth among children have no clear cause and remain baffling and frustrating for both physicians and families. The investigators believe that serious levels of tooth decay in early childhood may alter eating and sleeping patterns, thereby causing a decrease in age-adjusted weight in older children.

When the tooth decay is brought under control, normal sleep and nutrition resumes, allowing toddlers a chance to achieve their expected growth potential. To help avoid early childhood tooth decay, the dental experts recommend that parents wipe their infants gums with a damp cloth after each feeding, and warn against letting babies fall asleep while sucking on bottles containing milk, juices or other sweet liquids.

COMMENT: This study brings up several great points. If you ever have free time and want to review this area in depth, I would strongly recommend Weston Prices book Nutrition and Physical Degeneration. It is available from the Price Pottinger Foundation at 800-366-3748. Dr. Price is the pioneer dentist of this century and the book was published in 1920.

It has hundreds of photos around the world documenting the harm that processed foods have on primitive cultures teeth. Dr. Price was a prolific researcher and writer and he was the one who did the initial studies to find that root canals cause serious harm and damage. You can review my paper on root canals in my web site for more information.

The other issue that this study brings up is the issue of prophylactic fluoride use. Folks, fluoride is poison and should not be used at all by anyone. That is why your toothpaste tube tells you to spit out the toothpaste and to not swallow it and they have a poison control number on the tube.

Hopefully, by the time you read this, I will have five links on my Links page to wonderful web sites that document in great exhaustive detail the dangers of fluoride. There is even one entire journal that documents this damage. The way to prevent dental caries is through nutrition. The ONLY fluid that these children should be drinking is breast milk, and then water. Juice, soda, and cows milk should not be used. Restriction of all sugars is also crucial The next step would be to severely restrict grain products and provide vegetables as an alternative.

Pediatric Dentistry April 1999;21:109-113.

by: Mary Grace Jackson
Helping Out In Your Child's Mental Growth The Basics To Breastfeeding Your Child How To Create The Child You Desire So Much Should Your Child Join A Chess Club Top Warning Signs Of Teenage Depression Can An Existing Child Custody Agreement Be Modified? Benefits Of Sending Your Child To A Dance Camp The Peculiarities Of Teen Driver Insurance Teen Driver Insurance Tips To Crack Best Policy At Cheaper Rates The Secret To A Busy Mom's Success - The Simple Baby Boy T-shirt Summer Activity Ideas For Kids What Is The Best Way To Plan Children Parties? Arts And Crafts For Kids Birthday Parties
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.14.253.221) / Processed in 0.012347 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 2564, 956,