Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Tomato Salad IS Summertime
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Tomato Salad IS Summertime

Summer Salad Extraordinaire

I have nothing but good memories of Tomato Salad. I am going to give you instructions for preparing your own memory. I grew up eating this salad and like Seinfeld, it has not gotten on my nerves yet. Tomato Salad IS summertime. When else can you get Blood Red Tomatoes? Summertime is the only time in the Northeast that tomatoes are ripe. When tomatoes or any vegetable ripen on the vine, their phyto-nutrients are allowed to be all that they can be. Dull and lifeless fruits and vegetables do not ripen on the vine. Most supermarket fruits and vegetables do not ripen on the vine. But this is no time for a scientific discussion.

I am going to give my recipe and some options to make this even better. Some options for you will be provided because everybody needs variety. Lets get to it.Tomato Salad IS Summertime

Ingredients:

3-Blood Red, Native Tomatoes, cut into wedges. (Summertime Only)

2-Balls of FRESH Mozzarella, cut into rounds or semi circles

-Red Onion, sliced

6-Leafs of Fresh Basil, cut into ribbons or just torn

Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper

Place the first 4 ingredients in a bowl.

Lightly drizzle with Olive Oil

Grind some pepper on the salad to taste

Lightly salt just before serving. Otherwise you will have a very moist bowel because the salt will draw out all of the moisture.

We can be much more festive than that.

1. On a large platter, arrange the tomatoes (this time sliced), mozzarella, onion and whole Basil Leafs. Sort of like the Italian flag.

2. Drizzle with olive oil

3. Grind some pepper on top

4. Add some salt before serving

Lets try another variation.

Use the original recipe that I gave you, but add 3-4 broken up Freselles. Those are also known as Pepper Biscuits. They are very very dry and crispy and peppery. Freselles can be found in most northeastern supermarkets or Italian food markets.

Allow the mixture to sit in a bowl for 15 or 20 minutes that room temperature. Add cup of water. Add salt. All done.

Another variation I like is when you use the first or second recipe above, serve it with real garlic bread. Real Garlic Bread:

Cut a loaf of Italian bread crosswise and in half

The Italian brand halfs the half lengthwise

Cut a clove of garlic, so that the tip is removed

Rub the garlic all over the edges of the Brad

Brush some olive oil on the bread. Add salt and pepper to taste

Grill the bread until toasted

Cut into the size pieces you like.

Tomato salad is one of the greatest summertime recipes. Simple and refreshing. I love to serve it with a grilled steak or a lobster. But served with anything is great.

Enjoy a wonderful Tomato Salad. Experience Native Tomatoes because then are only available for a short time every year so find a great farm stand and get ready. Winter tomatoes will always be around so...
Knowing about the Holmes Beach: A city of Joy Uganda Tours Enrich Customers with Amazing Traveling Experience Fascinating Tourist Destinations of Himachal Pradesh Adventure Tours Ideas in Nepal Gbagbo Residence Attacked by UN and French Forces Save Money during Holidays with Tour Packages Sri Lanka Holidays and Tours - Sri Lanka Holidays 2011 Accessing Palm Beach County Public Records China Lingshan Buddhist Scenic spot Travel Guide Enjoy St-Catherine over day trip from Sharm El Sheikh Available-travel Egypt First time travelers to Thailand Travel Tips for Cancun, Mexico Enjoy Two Day Tour to Luxor from Sharm El Sheikh with Hot Balloon Available-travel Egypt
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(54.145.82.104) / Processed in 0.013290 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 62 , 3090, 954,