Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » Tips For Success Being A Woman In A Man
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Tips For Success Being A Woman In A Man

"Girls who look like you don"t become doctors" "..said the father of my 8th grade classmate

. This was one of the first of many sexist and discouraging comments I"ve heard in my life. I started modeling at the age of 12 but it had been my dream since I was a child to be a doctor. I remember when I was working a charity as Miss Delaware Teen USA, an older man told me that I was "very pretty" but should still "consider going to college." He didn"t believe me when I told him I had gotten a perfect 1600 score on my SAT"s and I was starting Harvard University in the fall.

I have always been proud to be a woman "" I love looking good, wearing nice clothes, and am admittedly addicted to shoes. But somehow in this day and age, I have found that women, especially women that care about their appearance, are still stereotyped as being less intelligent and less capable than men. Yes, I actually heard a male plastic surgeon say "women have no place in the operating room"

Now as a Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon & Reconstructive Female plastic Surgeon, and also a board certified Head & Neck surgeon specialized in breast augmentation, having completed not one, but two top surgical training programs - after graduating from Harvard with honors in Molecular Cellular Biology and having published multiple research papers in multiple scientific journals, I dare any man to question me. So what if I"ve also been a swimwear and fitness model? I proud to be a Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

How have I survived being a woman in a man"s field? How have I fought through the stereotypes to come out ahead? A few tips I learn along the way.

1.Think ahead and have a game plan. I think women are blessed by being great planners. This is definitely an advantage. I always knew what my next goal was then made a list of what I needed to do to accomplish that goal. I would complete each item on that list systematically. This method has helped me stay focused, given me the feeing of accomplishment during the process, and kept me from feeling overwhelmed.

2.Ask for advice "" As a woman, you may think that asking for advice is a sign of weakness but it isn"t. Don"t be afraid to ask. Sometimes men will give you helpful tips they usually wouldn"t share because they don"t see you as competition! There is no better way to learn than to talk to those who have done something before you. Usually people love to help and you can learn from others" mistakes instead of making your own. This will only help you succeed in anything you do.

3.Work harder, be tougher, be better. Being a woman in a traditionally man"s field has been challenging. There have been so many times in my life when I was exhausted "" working over 120 hours a week as a surgical intern, taking too many classes at Harvard while participating in to many extracurricular activities. OK "" so I was extreme! But women are just as tough and capable as men. Don"t sell yourself short, and don"t let anyone make you believe that you"re not as strong or skilled at your job because you"re a woman. If you"re good something, go for it 100% and people around you will notice.

4.Exercise and be good to yourself. While leading a busy and stressful life as a surgeon, I always make time to exercise. Taking care of your body is not only good for you physically, but helps refresh you mentally and emotionally. Somehow I always feel more focused after getting a good workout or run. Although I don"t get a lot of time for myself during daylight hours "" if I do get an hour or two I pamper myself as much as I can "" get a facial or massage. It"s easy as a busy career woman to forget to take time out for yourself. But these little breaks can help recharge you and make you even more efficient.

5.Dress to impress. If you want to be taken as a serious professional, you should look the part. No matter how tired I"ve been in my life "" running around the emergency room all night, or seeing patients at different hospitals "" I always made sure I was dressed nicely, my white coat clean, my hair neat. If you look sloppy, people will think your work is sloppy. Just 15 min to brush your hair back or iron your clothes takes you a long way.

by: PublicityDirector
New Home Insurance Boost The Splendor Of Occasion With Online Wedding Dresses Shops Weight Loss With Honolulu Ear Acupuncture The Best Stock Trading Secret Signal For Massive Profits Everyday. Top Girls Toys For Christmas 2010 Deep Research Report On Global And China Offshore Wind Power Why The Current Property Slowdown Shouldn't Stop You Investing 1000 Calorie Challenge Review - Does It Work For Women? Dreaming Of That Windy City Trip? Check Out These Clues On How To Land Get Windy City Getaway Packag All Kinds of Juicy Couture for Christmas Gifts Budget flights to Orlando - A Trip to One of the Finest Cities of Florida, Orlando How To Find The Best News Online Why It Is Better To Watch Films Online Than To Buy Or Rent
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.131.238) / Processed in 0.013896 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 4348, 975,
Tips For Success Being A Woman In A Man