Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Time To Protest The Manufactured Hello At QuikTrip
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Time To Protest The Manufactured Hello At QuikTrip

My favorite convenience shop now requires sales staff to greet you with a "Hello!" when you walk in

. Clearly it is a required policy, done unenthusiastically and without expectation of response. It's likely intended by upper management to generate situations more personal, but In my opinion , it's got the other effect. The 1st couple of occasions I walked to the store to hear the cheery greeting, I attempted to respond in kind. But the clerk and/or worker wasn't attracted to what i had to pronounce! So now I understand what's going on, and ignore the greeting. However it does create some angst. Appears to me, in well mannered society, when someone talks to you then you should respond. But what happens if that person does not plan or maybe want your answer? Then this type of greeting is manufactured, shallow, and insincere. It's similar to the customary "How do you do?", although worse. Sometime early in life I realized that the person asking this question is probably not thinking about my elaboration of well-being, and wants simply an affirmative one-word-reply. But at any rate, in this matter, a reply is wanted. Not so with the convenience store clerk. He is busy with a line of people wanting cigarettes and lottery tickets, his thoughts are likely someplace else, and to top it off he certainly resents the requirement to give a cheery hello to every person walking in the door.

I must start buying my gas and Slurpy at the other spot, down the street. They separate cashier from customer with bullet-proof Plexiglas. She speaks little English, and works a crossword puzzle. But there's no corporately forced pretense about her. I'll slip my cash into the little drawer, and if she returns my smile, at least it will be genuine.

To read morehave a look at technique turntables

By: Ryan Sexton
Washington Boutique Hotels Aren't Always Over Your Budget Pay Attention To This Information On How T The Best Nightclubs In Melbourne, Australia - Boutique Nightclub - Review Want To Book Bean Town Cheap Travel? Click To See These Hints On How To Get Phenomenal Packages Washington, Dc Luxury Accommodation Aren't Always Too Much Money Peruse These Hints On Ways To Get P Experiencing The American Riviera - Santa Barbara Wandering Around Washington Dc Great Instructions To Unravel Charleston Hotel Effective Packages For Partners Travel Oriented Peopl Four Ways To Relax Before A Date Dressed To Kill - Spring, Summer 2010 Fashion Madame Alexander Dolls Make a Great Gift for the Holidays Seeking Boston Cheap Flights? Follow These Plans On How To Get Unbelievable Travel Packages Comparison Shopping For A Limousine Service In Orange County Multi-table Sit N Go Tournament Tips On Playing Tight
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.91.37) / Processed in 0.005294 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 8 , 2110, 954,