Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Three Routines To Help Prevent Childhood Obesity
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Three Routines To Help Prevent Childhood Obesity

Three Routines To Help Prevent Childhood Obesity

While talking to a father whose child is concerned about her weight

. I mentioned cutting out the three king size candy bars she is given every day. Her father said I know I should, but I just can't seem to say no to her. I also explained to him that his daughter had spoken to me about her desire to lose weight and she needs his help. I'm not sure if she will get the help she needs but I am forever hopeful. I am here, but I cannot control her eating, sleeping or TV time.

So many kids these days are given so much because parents don't want to say no to their children. I don't know if it is because so many children are being raised in single parent households, and they think if they don't give in to their child they may want to go live with the other parent. Or if they don't give in to their children they won't love them or think that they are the best parents around. I don't know what the real reason is behind parents letting their children be in control, but it's not good.

Without boundaries kids feel insecure, and parents are not doing their kids any favors by not setting down rules. Did you know that according to Sarah Anderson, an epidemiologist there are three behaviors parents can make to their lifestyle that is linked to lowering the risk of obesity in kids. She analyzed data on 8,550 four year olds in a national study and found "The more of these routines the children had, the lower was their risk of obesity." She went on to say "If children had all three routines, their risk of obesity was 40% lower than children who had none of the routines."

You are probably curious as to what these three behaviors are that can lower obesity in children. They are quite basic routines that most people can adopt. Some families with different working hours may have a little more trouble implementing, but it is still doable. They are:

1.Eating dinner regularly with family. Eating a nutritious dinner with family at least six or seven times a week.

2.Limiting children's TV time to two hours a day

3.Getting at least 10.5 hours of sleep each night.

According to the findings in this study, it suggests that by implementing these three routines, a family can have a powerful method to encourage healthy weight in their children in spite of their socioeconomic background.

In the past it was customary to eat together as a family, but it doesn't seem to be anymore. It was a time a family spent together eating and talking about their day, a time of sharing and building self-confidence in one another. Now it's become a drive through experience, or a sit in front of the TV watching other people live.

To help limit TV time, engage your kids in family fun activities. Get moving, kids should be active at least an hour a day. Exercise with your kids. Be an example. Have a jump rope contest, play hopscotch with them, and go bike riding. Let your kids pick some activity they would like to learn or one they do well, and just do it. Have some fun and get off the couch.

Sleep is crucial for kids. A set bedtime for weekdays, and weekends are a must. Routine, routine, routine, I can't emphasize just how important routines are to kids. The more your kids know what to expect the more secure they are. You and your children will experience many benefits from added sleep time.

The most effective way to improve your child's weight is by implementing these changes as a family together. If questions arise as to why you are changing things up emphasize wellness rather than weight. The key is to start. Even if it means just starting with one of these routines, and adding the next, until you are doing all three. They are within reach of the average family.

I know my friend has no set schedule, she has no rules governing her TV time, and she has no set bedtime. My concern for her is real, and I will be there to encourage her, and be there when she needs me.

by: Donna Randol
Otoplasty Corrects Protruding Ears, And Save Children From Teasing Total Transformation Program Review Lesson 6 – What To Do After Your Child Acts Out Should You Skip Or Eat Breakfast If You're Trying To Have A Girl Or Boy Baby? Kids Ray Ban Will Keep Our Littles Guys Protected How Divorcing Couples Deal with Children Why Do Teen Needs Boot Camp Training? Moving Ways to Make Changes Easier for Children The Result of Divorced Individuals and Their Children Kinds and Definition of Marriage and Child Rearing Acupuncture's Role in Weight Loss after Childbirth Tips And Ideas For Choosing Children's Bedding Christmas gift baskets for your kids Effects Of Daycare On Children
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.220.140.5) Stockholms Lan / Kista Processed in 0.013455 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 26 , 4138, 956,
Three Routines To Help Prevent Childhood Obesity Kista