Insurances.net
insurances.net » Wholesale Business » Themed Party Ideas for Planning Events
Home Business Small Business Wholesale Business Business agency Global Economy
]

Themed Party Ideas for Planning Events

Themed Party Ideas for Planning Events

Author: Andrea Wyn

Happy New Year! 2010 is kicking off to a great start for planning events. With the SAG Awards coming up on January 23rd (simulcast on TNT and TBS at 8 p.m. ET/PT) along with the other seasonal award shows, now is as good as time as any to discuss themed party ideas for your next special event.When planning events, I always find it best to start with an event theme. From the event theme, everything else flows for the party from invitations to design and dcor to the catering menu. Themed party ideas can include a color theme such as pretty in pink or a western days theme, circus theme, luau or island tropic theme - the list is endless.Detailed Description for Themed Party IdeasBelow I have flushed out an idea I have used in the past when planning events. More event theme ideas and details can be found in my easy-to-read party planning book, Budget Bash - Simply Fabulous Events on a Budget.Tropical Island Luau - An event theme complete with bars made from bamboo and palm leaves, tiki torches and an island-inspired menu served on a grass-skirted buffet. Tropical music and a hula dancer, coconut drinking cups for that special island punch and, of course, everyone is greeted at the door with a flower lei.Invitations can be created using tropical-designed printed paper or another idea is to glue some sand or a small seashell or two onto stationary. So many variations of linen can be used including floral prints, tropical island prints or tropical birds. For a Tahitian event theme wedding I produced, to save money with our linen budget, we used plain gold linen and created napkins using a tropical island bird print to add color and reinforce the theme at the table.Catering ideas to consider when planning events with a luau theme could include ingredients using coconut, macadamia nuts, tropical fruits such as mango, pineapple and bananas, fish such as lobster, shrimp or Mahi Mahi and sauces using such flavors as sweet and sour, soy, ginger and citrus.For your tropical bar, don't forget the classic Mai Tai, Blue Hawaiian and Pina Colada and be sure to include non-alcoholic beverages as well such as a tropical punch made with Gingerale or Sprite along with tropical juices such as banana, pineapple, mango and orange to name a few.In my next blog, I will continue this discussion about themed party ideas to use when planning events. And don't forget that the SAG Awards is just a couple of weeks away on January 23rd. In the meantime, remember to keep in mind the Budget Bash mantra; make it simple, delicious, stylish, fun & economical to all!
About the Author:

With over 15 years in the special event industry, Andrea has now taken her knowledge and experiences and incorporated this information into an easy-to-read book called Budget Bash - Simply Fabulous Events on a Budget. You can talk to Andrea via Twitter @awynningevent or learn more about wedding and special event management by visiting awynningevent.com.
Planning A Perfect Wedding Facts To Remember When Planning A Diet For Your Puppy Disney World Vacation Planning - Suggestions To Make The Most Out Of Your Disney Vacation Speedball Strategies For Paintballers Swing Trading - How Much Can I Really Make? Swing Trading - How Much Practice Trading Do I Need? Swing Trading - How Should I Use Stop Losses? HP0-S14 rapidshare California Estate Planning Attorney Offers Caution On Transferring Funds From An Ira To A Trust Famville Secrets Tips - Quick Farmville Strategy direct Facebook FarmVille Cheats The FarmVille Wizard Strategy Guide Facebook FarmVille Cheats Why You Need A Strategy Guide Consumers Save Huge On Ralph Lauren Shirts Through Online Retailers
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.21.34.105) Ohio / Columbus Processed in 0.012199 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 4 , 3094, 496,
Themed Party Ideas for Planning Events Columbus