Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » The other side of franchising
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

The other side of franchising

Franchisor's sell their businesses with the concept that you are in business for yourself but not by yourself

. Sounds great right? Well I bought it. In 2005, I bought a decorating franchise. It was an exciting moment. I was my own boss at least that was what I believed. I found myself so frustrated. The franchisor required the franchisees to call in every week giving detail of their progress. They did not allow the franchisees to use inexpensive outside suppliers. I was forced to purchase goods even if it was not used at the time of purchase. It was required that $25,000 be made within the first three months of operation. This made me extremely stressed out by the franchisor.

Many times, I felt as if I failed, I was incompetent. Efforts were made to promote my business and please the franchisor, but at the end of the day, they were not pleased. At one point, I tried to hire an independent contractor, but the franchisor informed me that I could not hire anyone. The reason they gave for their decision was that I only purchased one unit and I would be violating my contract with them.

The franchisor decided to buy back my franchise. They informed me that this would be in my best interest since it was going to get more difficult for me. I sold my unit to the franchisor at a loss. The non-competitive clause was enforced. I was back to square one with no idea what will be my next move.

I wrote this article not to discourage you from buying a franchise but to give another prospective of what can happen. I have a friend that owns a Golden Crust franchise, and he is very happy with his decision. If you are going to purchase a franchises do your research diligently.

Speak with other franchisee (not the ones recommended by the franchisor)

Request a copy of UFCO when you request information about the franchise.

Hire an Attorney to review your documents.

Call previous franchise owners; ask them why they no longer own the franchise.

Franchises have rules make sure you can adhere to them.

If you have creative ideas that you want to implement, I suggest you go into your own business. If you want to use someone else's model, then a franchise is for you.

By: Neva Helena Alexander
Holidays in Lisbon Benefits Of Staying In A Rental Apartment In Paris Egypt best holiday 10 Days Egypt budget best tours 9 Nights Get Low Cost Flights And Enjoy Traveling To The Sprawling City Of China, Shanghai! Top 5 Reasons For Travel Insurance Malaysian Medical Facilities For Medical Tourists And Residents Egypt best Travel Packages 10 Days Kerala Tourism, Kerala Ayurveda, Kerala Honeymoon Packages, Tour Operators in Kerala Exciting Tour to San Antonio Perfect Place For An Office Space In Newport Beach What All Do You Get With The Myrtle Beach Condo Rentals? Ways To Save Money on Christmas Parties in 2010
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.16.148.128) / Processed in 0.011679 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 2358, 954,