Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » The issues and problems faced by Teenagers in today's world
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

The issues and problems faced by Teenagers in today's world

"What should I wear tonight on our first date!!?"

"Will he ask me out??"

"Ooh damn I need a new lip-gloss!! "

"I guess I am wearing too much make-up."

"That shirt I saw at the mall was soooo cooool MOM!!! I want that! Pleaseeee!" etc etc....

These are the examples of some questions and issues that are supposed to arise inside a person's mind during his teenage years. The time when a person is exploring the world with an all-new perspective, and is most concerned with his self-image and making his impact among his peers and buddies. When peer pressure, studies and college seem to be the biggest tensions in one's life, and being turned down by a crush at school is the biggest heartbreak one could experience. It is the time when all these problems and issues encircle a teen's life.

Or, more accurately, encircl-ED a teen's life. Not anymore. By the turn of the century, teenagers have been thrusted in far more complicated matters and issues than they experienced before, and which is much more than they are prepared to handle at such an early age.

"My parents are getting a divorce".

"I m gonna have to find a part-time job in order to support my family".

"I have to quit my studies and stay home to take care of my little brothers and sisters."

"I've screwed up my life because of drugs. I wish I had quit earlier."

In sharp contrast to the previous statements, these are some of the common issues teens all over the world are facing these days, which include friends and family issues, drugs, relationships, sex, coping with depression etc. Teenagers are forced into a world which is far from their control, either due to their own actions or by the actions of other people and family members, as a result of which teens themselves are the biggest sufferers. For example, if the parents of a teen constantly fight with each other, he has to bear the consequences in the form of negligence and negative influences impacted upon his young mind, and if the parents finally decide to let go and leave each other, again the effects and consequences are borne by the child as he is now split between his parents, and has a series of ambivalent emotions going through him, deciding which side to take. He is thrusted into such a situation against his will, but he is the one who has to suffer the most and has to go through massive mental torture that can leave it's mark on his whole life.

Family pressures, negligence from the parents' side, depression and various other such factors are responsible for contributing towards drug-usage among teens , and ultimately suicide in some cases. In fact, suicide rates around the world, particularly in U.S have soared in the last couple of decades. According to a source, teenage suicide is the third leasing cause of death in U.S and even the world,and most suicides occur because of depression than any other cause.

During adolescence, a person has to cope up with daily issues such as academics, social and individual issues. Add to that some additional stress factors such as family issues and disruptions, and the responsibility of supporting a family as well as taking care of siblings, it seems to them that life is not worth living for. Due to this, the adolescent gradually goes deeper and deeper into depression and starts thinking that there is nobody to care and understand his feelings, and eventually sees suicide as his last resort, causing an irreparable damage and loss to himself as well as those close to him.

The truth is that teenagers in todays world are given more pressure than they are able to handle, and in addition to that the high expectations from the society and family add to this pressure and feelings of unworthiness and being not able to meet the expectations and demands of society arise inside them.One should remember that teenagers are not adults, NO!They are far from it. Although some are compelled to behave like one under certain circumstances as described above. In fact, during adolescence they are at a crucial stage of life when their minds are still vulnerable and developing, and when the unexpected turn of events forces them to land in adult-like situations, their childhood is actually being snatched away from them, which results in serious repercussions on their personality and character and affects their entire quality of life in a negative way in most cases.

In my opinion, teenagers should be treated according to their age, must be given full opportunity to enjoy these few years of life which are crucial for their personality development, and be given the maximum scope to discover and nurture themselves. The role of parents should be to keep their teens away from adult issues and tensions while they are still young, and try their best to compromise and not to make their children suffer the consequences of the mistakes that they have made, such as bitter marriages, and also counsel and get involved in them in a friendly and healthy way so as to prevent them from suffering from various psychological disorders such as depression and drug-usage. After all, there would be enough serious tensions and issues for these individuals to cope with at a later stage in life, once they have surpassed their teenage-hood. So why spoil their childhood?
What story morals are good for kids? Kids Karate Martial Arts In Sugarland, Tx Bjj Belts Ranking for Kids and Adults Toddler Eczema - Providing Relief For Eczema In Young Children Photo Frames Preserve Your Childhood Christmas Toys ideas for Kids: Elmo Live Taking the Stress out of Holiday Travel with Children One Day Wonder Boy Actor Moncler Coats French Acronym For The Children Sweet 16 Invitations for Sweet Sixteen Party Invites Positive Motivation for Kids Positive Thinking Tips for Kids Panda Outfit For Kids.
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.144.43.125) / Processed in 0.013748 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 32 , 5513, 956,