Insurances.net
insurances.net » Buying Insurance » The Value Of Online Shopping
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

The Value Of Online Shopping

The Value Of Online Shopping

Interestingly while I understand the benefits of online shopping I had a real epiphany moment the other day

. I went to purchase nappies for my 7month old and wanted to get them from a great warehouse discount place (we are going through a lot of nappies at the moment). Their delivery fee was $7 so I thought that I would go out there and save the $7, only to realise on the drive there that I had now spent way more than I was saving getting there!

As I was driving out there I started to think about the cost-value equation.

To get nappies from this discounted I save around 10cents per nappy (Huggies) and then I buy a pack of 3 Huggies 240s wipes and the price is the same as paying for 2 and getting one free (about $16) with most other retailers, so the savings are worthwhile. There is a delivery fee however of $7 and this really put me off getting the products delivered! It was a real sticking point!

So I got both children ready and in the car, drove the half hour to get to the discount warehouse, spent 5 minutes in the warehouse and then drove the 30minutes back home! Crazy right?!?

On the drive however I started to analyse the value equation and kept thinking Im Mad!!!!! Here I am trying not to spend the $7 because I think it negates the point of buying discounted nappies, when I suddenly realised how much I was spending by driving to get the nappies. Not only was I using up a lot of petrol by driving for 1hour - 45 kilometres in total, equating to the value of around $30 (worked out at 0.70c per km). I was also wasting valuable time of mine (1.5 hours) (which really is at a premium) that I couldve spent with the children doing something fun!

And the more I thought about it, the crankier I was with myself! The last two times we have bought nappies while at the shop I have had to go to at least two different stores to get the right sized nappy. Then I have to figure out how to get these big boxes back to the car with two children.... And yet I couldve simply placed an order over the Internet and spent $7 to avoid all of this and perhaps spent the time at the park or in the garden....

Never again will I moan over a reasonable delivery fee when I consider its value to my petrol, time and how carefree it makes my life.

by: Lorraine Salvi-MumsDelivery
P2p: A Payments Space Odyssey Tips To Keep In Mind While Shopping For Uniform Shoes Online Benefits and Disadvantages in Ecommerce and Online Shopping Shopping Online for Office Stationery and Supplies Online Shopping With Low Pricing Online Shopping Is The Most Recommended Way To Buy Goods The Reasons That So Many People Are Starting To Buy Direct Tv Top Rated Camcorders for Buyers How to Buy a Good Watch? Quantum Mind Power With No Payments How A Secret 20 Minute Payday Made Me Wealthy How To Buy Blinds Pounds Till Payday - The Key That Unlocks Good Deals
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.117.182.179) New York / New York City Processed in 0.011190 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 2365, 962,
The Value Of Online Shopping New York City