Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » The Springs of Salvation and Psalm 87
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

The Springs of Salvation and Psalm 87

Psalm 87 reads as follows from the New King James version of the Bible:

1 His foundationis in the holy mountains.

2 The LORD loves the gates of ZionThe Springs of Salvation and Psalm 87

More than all the dwellings of Jacob.

3 Glorious things are spoken of you,

O city of God!Selah

4 "I will make mention of Rahab and Babylon to those who know Me;

Behold, O Philistia and Tyre, with Ethiopia:

Thisone was born there.' "

5 And of Zion it will be said,

"Thisone and thatone were born in her;

And the Most High Himself shall establish her."

6 The LORD will record,

When He registers the peoples:

"Thisone was born there."Selah

7 Both the singers and the players on instrumentssay,

"All my springsare in you."

This psalm initially reports the placement of blessings that have to do with when and where someone was born, the Lord places people in specific families with specific parents. People when they are born are places in specific locales by the Lord who is mindful of this.

This indicates the how the Lord is placing things for us all along right up and including eternal salvation.

The common interpretation of this psalm is that the springs mentioned in the final verses refer to the springs of salvation.

While this view is the correct view, what might have been missing in the interpretations of this psalm is that there are eternal springs that can be drawn upon now, and these springs are akin to the Lord's plans for you, something that is held as a reservoir of gifts for you, that you can seek and can find right now.

The final verse of this psalm says,

Both the singers and the players on instrumentssay,

"All my springsare in you."

Why would an individual or group of individuals be singing and rejoicing about, " all my spring," unless there was a keen awareness of these springs as existing for and personally present for these individuals, likely not only in eternity but in the here and now

What is recognized in this psalm, in an intersection between heaven and earth, a manna like presence of springs, that can be called mine by individuals.

Like manna, these springs can be brought forth now through seeking them in prayer.

People try to build up there bank account and while this may be good in the context of this psalm they already have great eternal springs already there and ready to be drawn upon and the power and vastness of these springs far exceeds any time of buildup they can achieve financially or otherwise, so why isn't the focus more so upon these springs

Related verses read as follows from Jeremiah Chapter 29 verses 5 through 8 say

Build houses and dwellin them; plant gardens and eat their fruit.6Take wives and beget sons and daughters; and take wives for your sons and give your daughters to husbands, so that they may bear sons and daughtersthat you may be increased there, and not diminished.7 And seek the peace of the city where I have caused you to be carried away captive, and pray to the LORD for it; for in its peace you will have peace.8 For thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: Do not let your prophets and your diviners who are in your midst deceive you, nor listen to your dreams which you cause to be dreamed.9 For they prophesy falsely to you in My name; I have not sent them, says the LORD.

And in the same chapter verses 11 through 13 say

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.13 And you will seek Me and findMe, when you search for Me with all your heart.

While verse 11 is oft quoted in various books and sermons, the following two verses are not and what the following two verses of 12 and 13 as well as the prior verses in this chapter are saying is while these good plans are there, like the springs in this psalm, there is work to be done as far as calling upon the Lord, seeking the Lord in the venue and passageways of prayer, and this is to be done whole heartedly without holding back on either a good amount of time and a good amount of effort in doing this

But as this psalm and these words from Jeremiah reveal, there are great plans and awesome springs to be drawn upon, yes they are mostly hidden and to be sought by faith alone, but there are an existent reality that is like springs we do see, that overflow with waters and graces that can be searched and drawn upon for sustenance, growth, good things and prosperity along the lines of peace, right now and we can call upon these mystical springs both in prayer for ourselves and others, in the here and now, for issues that coalesce even in this very day and very hour which is upon us.

There is the matchless presence of angels that relate to these springs.

When the children were told to take a back seat, Jesus responded by saying in Mathew Chapter 18 verse 1

10 "Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven

Even though the crowd says these individuals as children who were just getting in the way, the correct view was that they were beings who had eternal angels and eternal springs, intact right now and right there who were assigned to and watching them

This is a strong example of the eternal intersecting with the temporal from the gospels, yet this reality was either hidden from the crowd or they needed to be reminded of it

The call of this psalm is to activate these springs and prayers through the process of prayer

The prayer should included intercessory prayer as it does say in Jeremiah 7 in the overall context of the Chapter which is on the plans of the Lord for individuals

7 And seek the peace of the city where I have caused you to be carried away captive, and pray to the LORD for it; for in its peace you will have peace

These plans and springs will unfold with and through presence of angels and like manna from heaven is something that can be in endless supply and found on every point further down the road as these springs will not dry up and can always be sourced and this is why those in this psalm were singing, dancing and rejoicing while at the same time speaking about " my springs" because they both knew of the existence of these springs, there power and that they could be tapped as continual wells of goodness and wells of overflowing grace towards all their needs both then and going forward forev

An important correlate of this psalm within the book of psalms is psalm 121, where it says in verse 1 and 2

1 I will lift up my eyes to the hills

From whence comes my help?

2 My helpcomes from the LORD,

Who made heaven and earth

The hills that this psalm is talking about is not the hills that you see when you are hiking for example, but mystical hills, like the springs that source from the heavenly realms

An example of help sourced from these hills is the manna from heaven that appeared to the Israelites 6 dasy a week in the Exodus periodThe Springs of Salvation and Psalm 87

Like the springs, these are everlasting sources, but also sources that can manifest as a presence in the here and now of present day earthly matters

Both the springs and hills have mystical connotations and are the residence of angels but we can cross into these realms through prayer and calling upon them in prayer

These hills and springs stretch into eternity yet have sway to our present concerns and carry much important to everyday matters whatever they might consist of

The everlasting springs and everlasting hills can and should be sourced now and are the subject of song and rejoicing for right now.
Great Treats to Give Out on Halloween Franchising - Visiting a National Park ? Do you know Where the ATM is ? ACFN, the Only ATM Franchise in North America, Poised for 35 % Organic Growth Through 2010, Providing a Solid Return on Investment Great Summer Fun with White Water River Rafting Explore Douala, Cameroon: Attractions of Africa A Country on the Verge of Emplosion Plus Size Halloween Costumes - Halloween Costumes For Plus Size Caribbean Cruise Line Offers Up to Date Information on Traveling Guidelines North American Whitetail - Crucial Mistakes Made During the Rut North American White Tailed Deer - 31 Whitetail Deer Facts Living By The Beach Just Might Be In Your Future Angel and Elf dolls for the Christmas season Ways That One Can Create Their Spring Break Without Going Anywhere
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.137.214.69) / Processed in 0.017357 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 108 , 8124, 954,