Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » The Reason Why Air Travel Isn't Fun
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

The Reason Why Air Travel Isn't Fun

When I was a boy I used to look at jet airliners flying in the far reaches of the sky, above the clouds and just under the sun, and I used to imagine how fun it would it would be to fly. Actually, it was something far greater and mysterious than that- it seemed like something totally unattainable to me, something wondrous; perhaps a once in a lifetime experience that would change my view of the world forever.

And actually the first time I got to fly I was still a boy. I remember it clearly too. And it was not a disappointment either; I must say that. But it was ordinary, at least most of it. Or perhaps to put it another way, it felt natural, like being on a ship- it wasn't odd or peculiar in any way (though take off and landing must have been exciting). I also remember that, as a child, the landscape below me soon grew boring and prosaic: all I could see were a bunch of squares.

Well, I must have flown over a hundred times since then, and I have gone through distinct phases, including the phobic one (which I'm over now). If you ask me, I will still tell you that I think air flight is a marvel. That we can go half way around the world in half a day at nearly the speed of sound is an amazing achievement that would have branded you a lunatic had you predicted it just a hundred years ago. But so many things of our age are that way now.

To sum up, or to fess up rather, when I do fly for the most part I find it tiring and stressful. And it's the airports themselves that get me the most I think. In the airplane I feel cramped, restrained, and pretty much helpless. I like to think I'm flying, but in reality I'm being flown. The windows are tiny and half the time all I can see are clouds anyway, and the air quality is awful. Still, that we can fly at all is indeed amazing.
India Rajasthan Travels – Must Visit Destinations Tourism in India Kerala Tours – Holiday in Land of Marvelous Attractions Four Wheel Driving (4WD) for Visitors to Perth, Western Australia Taj Mahal Special Tour Offers Excellent Way of Making the Most of the Holidays Take a tour to the basics of litigation process Dream Accommodation and Dream Destination Baseball and American football with steroids Summer Festivals Rajasthan International Leather Fair In Paris The Benefits Of Using American Fridges How Having A Dish System Will Enhance Your Leisure Time Come Close to Nature with Luxury Adventure Tours
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.216.123.120) Baden-Wurttemberg / Pforzheim Processed in 0.012824 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 8 , 1913, 954,
The Reason Why Air Travel Isn't Fun Pforzheim