Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » The Power of Twitter Celebrity Retweets
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

The Power of Twitter Celebrity Retweets

Something great happened to me the other day while using Twitter. I started a blog only a few weeks ago. It was barely finished and it only had about four posts and 100 visitors... until the other night that is.

The Twitter Retweet Gamble

I follow a well known UK celebrity entrepreneur on Twitter, @DuncanBannatyne. Not sure how well known he is in the US but he has multiple TV shows here in the UK and most people have heard of him.

Anyhow, he posted a tweet earlier today which was highly relevant to my latest blog post. So, on the off chance I set aside one minute of my time to send him a tweet with a link to my post and ended with the polite call to action: "feel free to RT if you wish". I didn't think anymore of it.

However, to my amazement he did retweet it, to his 73,197 followers at the time! I looked at the stats for the post and within the first 5 minutes I'd had 230 new visits to the post and it was going up every time I refreshed.

The How and Why of Twitter Retweets

This is a business mindset related blog and he's a top celebrity UK business man so it's very well targeted traffic.

I needed to share this with you because it's a great way of driving huge amounts of targeted, free, expert endorsed traffic to your blog if you have one. I guess it'd work for other website types too but blogs work best for this. It's a bit of a gamble, but with only a minute of your time to lose it's well worth a punt now and then.

So, if you have a blog and want free easy traffic, follow celebrities on Twitter who match your niche and send them links to any blog posts you have that are related to their own recent tweets. Include a similar invitation to retweet, like I did. Then sit back and watch the traffic roll in.

The New Business Mindset Way

So how is this business mindset related? Well, the "old" way to drive hundreds of visitors to your website would probably involve creating an online or offline advert and paying for visitors. Or maybe creating a search engine optimised site and waiting for weeks while Google slowly sent traffic your way.

I'm sure you'll agree that a good business mindset teaches us to do things the most efficient way. You don't get much more efficient than hundreds of free targeted visitors for one minute of your time.
Shopping For Great Cheap Christmas Gifts And Presents - 2010 Plan on a Caravan holiday this summer Christian Christmas Gifts And Presents - 2010 Combine Your Christmas Party Planning with Your Christmas To-do List and Start a Tradition Santa Letters And Making Christmas Special Christmas Gift Baskets For 2010 How many things to do you know on Sangla tourism? Portable Travel Bidets Growing in Popularity Vampires as Well as Halloween Halloween Scary Characters Advantages Of Artificial Grass In The Summer Adventure Tours in Egypt Huck Seed: WSOP Tournament Champion:
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.189.182.96) Sao Paulo / Pirapozinho Processed in 0.005808 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 24 , 2490, 954,
The Power of Twitter Celebrity Retweets Pirapozinho